Menu Foods Adds to Recall List May 2 **Updated

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2007, 2:27 pm

http://www.menufoods.com./recall/PressR ... 022007.htm

( see link for additions)

May 2, 2007

Menu Foods Adds to Recall List

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(May 2, 2007) - Menu Foods

Attention Business/Financial Editors

Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at any of Menu Foods’ plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of which indicate cross-contamination.

As a result, Menu advises the public:

- Additional items in the United States and Canada have been added to the recall list as shown below. A further two varieties for Europe have been added to the recall list.

- The recall dates of those products previously recalled have been modified to include all dates during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was used in the applicable Menu plant. All of these products, including the expanded dates, have previously been withdrawn from the market and should already be off the retailer shelves.

Menu estimates that this additional recall represents less than 5% of the products that have already been recalled or withdrawn.

An updated list of the recalled products, including this addition, is available at the Menu Foods website at http://www.menufoods.com.

Revised May 3, 2007
Last edited by cheekymunkee on May 3rd, 2007, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 3rd, 2007, 2:35 pm

Thanks, Debby.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 3rd, 2007, 2:44 pm

Maybe none of it was there, but I expected the dog food aisle at the grocery store to be a little barer, wal-mart etc. Didn't look any different, almost seemed like nothing was pulled off. :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2007, 4:39 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18470387/

Pet food recall expanded
Manufacturer suspects possible cross-contamination with other products

Updated: 11:32 a.m. CT May 3, 2007
WASHINGTON - Pet food manufacturer Menu Foods expanded its recall Thursday because of possible cross-contamination between melamine-tainted products and other foods made in the same period.

The expansion includes cuts and gravy pet food, as well as other products that were not made with the contaminated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc., but were manufactured during the period the chemical-laced gluten was used.

The company based its decision on study results that revealed cross-contamination, as well as one report from a customer.

The recall now includes additional pet food products in the United States, Canada and Europe. It also expands the date ranges of previously recalled products to match the period that melamine-tainted wheat gluten was used in manufacturing plants.

More than 100 brands of pet food have been recalled since March 16 because they were contaminated with melamine. An unknown number of dogs and cats have been sickened or died after eating chemical-laced pet food.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pet Food Recall