Search for Pet food recalls..

Postby Jenn » April 26th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Ok one more ladies and gentleman, I promise. This is a list though, you can type in key words, or just look at the lists and click on the food brands. Once you click it will take you to a secondary screen that has every product listed for that food brand. I just seen this, and thought I'd share. I'm sure it's updated as often as possible. It's the most "put together" combination I've seen so far. I'll stop now. ;)

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/petfoodrecall/

Note:This compiled list represents several related pet food recalls. If and when new information is received, this list will be updated. While we have taken care to make sure the information is accurate, if we learn that any information is not accurate we will revise the list as soon as possible.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » April 26th, 2007, 4:47 pm

This is awesome, Jenn!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby a-bull » April 26th, 2007, 6:11 pm

If it makes you feel any better Jenn, I have that FDA page bookmarked, lol. It's the first thing I check every morning. :oops:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 26th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Do you know what pisses me off, along with everything ELSE related to these recalls? NOW I see that Natural Balance is associated with Diamond Foods from this list. They are the "manufacturer". I remember them being recalled a long time ago, and I was SO glad I wasn't feeding their food to my dogs. But somehow, I am.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby a-bull » April 26th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Oh I know, isn't it incredible how intertwined a bunch of the petfood companies turned out to be??

I'm finding the delay of information dispensed and the 'no worries' feel to be the most aggravating.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 26th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Natural Balance says on their website that just their Venison formula was affected. (PS, I had JUST weaned Harleybird OFF of that formula a month ago, for convenience of having them all on the same formula).

I check their site every day to make sure I am not killing my dogs with their Ultra formula. :( I am afraid to switch to another brand, should that one show up on the list.

And I am taking Malli's suggestion to keep an eye on them, like a hawk.

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=11409
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » April 26th, 2007, 9:24 pm

I think they only package their food or something... I'm sure there is no cross contamination. I feed DVP too Joyce, the Ultra Premium, and the Salmon/Sweet potatoe. I don't know if it makes you feel any better, I'm really not worried about it. Mine are acting just as annoying as normal. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby a-bull » April 27th, 2007, 8:47 am

On April 26 2007, iluvk9 wrote:Natural Balance says on their website that just their Venison formula was affected. (PS, I had JUST weaned Harleybird OFF of that formula a month ago, for convenience of having them all on the same formula).

I check their site every day to make sure I am not killing my dogs with their Ultra formula. :( I am afraid to switch to another brand, should that one show up on the list.

And I am taking Malli's suggestion to keep an eye on them, like a hawk.

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=11409

If you're wicked worried, you can always get a blood test done, but I did read somewhere they tend to get sick within a couple of days of eating the tainted stuff, if that's accurate---so you're probably safe. :|
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 27th, 2007, 8:58 am

from the latest ASPCA newsletter:

[quote]PET FOOD RECALL UPDATE: WHAT EVERY PET PARENT SHOULD KNOW

As the pet food recall widened last week to include certain products containing rice protein concentrate, the ASPCA has issued new recommendations for pet parents looking for advice on what to feed their pets. “As new products are recalled, there is obviously great confusion in the public space about what is and is not safe to feed your pet,â€
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby a-bull » April 27th, 2007, 9:43 am

Newest additions to the list:

DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH CHICKEN & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT LITE DOG FOOD, NET WT. 5 LBS., 12.5 LBS, and 25 LBS; Code dates: Best Used By Jan 24, 09; Best Used By Feb 8, 09; Best Used By Feb 26, 09; Best Used By April 10, 09; Best Used By April 17, 09;

DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH CHICKEN & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT LITE CAT FOOD, NET WT. 3 LBS. and 7 LBS.; Code date: Best Used By March 13, 09;

LICK YOUR CHOPS LAMB MEAL, RICE & EGG CAT FOOD, 4 LBS. packages,
Code date: Best Used By April 29, 08;

Bulk CHICKEN & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT LITE DOG FOOD sold to one consignee (SmartPak) in a 2000 lbs. tote, Ship date: Feb 9, 2007

Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Return to Pet Food Recall