Toy Reviews

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 9th, 2008, 2:12 pm

hey look, this thread is Katrina-proof!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby katiek0417 » July 9th, 2008, 2:15 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:hey look, this thread is Katrina-proof!

LMAO That was good!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 10:49 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
LaylaWoobie wrote:hey look, this thread is Katrina-proof!

LMAO That was good!

:spit:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby airwalk » July 9th, 2008, 10:55 pm

So Katrina..just so your SS can get the right size...what size panties do your dogs wear??
airwalk
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » July 10th, 2008, 8:22 am

airwalk wrote:So Katrina..just so your SS can get the right size...what size panties do your dogs wear??

Small or medium...however, they requested no thongs, please :wink:

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2008, 8:29 am

katiek0417 wrote:
airwalk wrote:So Katrina..just so your SS can get the right size...what size panties do your dogs wear??

Small or medium...however, they requested no thongs, please :wink:

Hard to bite hard, when your undies are up your butt?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 10th, 2008, 8:54 am

Ahem. :topic:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvypitbulls » July 10th, 2008, 11:31 am

my husband went out and bought two if these yesterday(I wish I had read through this entire thread before I asked him to get a couple of toys) ..one each for Phoebe and Lister... Lister did ok but is not thrilled at all with it... but then he is not a shredding machine.. Phoebe however did exactly what you mention in the same amt of time .....what expenisve crap these are!!!
today we are going shopping for a couple of things suggested here and I really watch the dogs ...but sometimes while you are looking at one being good ..the other one is distroying theirs
meet Phoebe shredder of all toys ..the fire hose toys ..omg how she shreds them just carrying them back to me during catch time is amazing!!!

LaylaWoobie wrote:Image

Big thumbs down to the Kong Stuff-A-Ball.

I had an extra large one that I gave to Layla last night because she had adjusted so well to the move and thought it would be nice for her to have a little treat and new toy. I put half of a biscuit in the end (we dont do treats, so this was extra special for her) and she ran off like a fat kid in a candy store.

She chewed on the end of the treat and apparently the rest of the bone fell into the hole in the middle of the ball. Well, after about 5 minutes of trying to get it out, Layla had just about enough of that. Apparently, it's much easier just to rip the top half of the entire toy off and get the treat out that way. We now have a topless stuff-a-ball that can no longer be stuffed.

It lasted no longer than 10 minutes, MAX, and is not durable at all. And yes, she did get the treat out. :nono:
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby airwalk » July 10th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Helps if I put my posts in the right thread...okay two toys I received for Scooter that *crosses everything* seem to be holding up.

http://toysandtreats.petedge.com/Tough-by-Nature-Flat-Dog-ZX32983.pro?parentCategoryId=195&categoryId=230&subCategoryId=905

seems to be made of the same type of material as cuz so Scooter loved chewing on it...but NO SQUEAK.

and

http://toysandtreats.petedge.com/Tough-By-Nature-Giggler-Balls--Assorted-Colors-ZX353.pro

we previously tried the regular giggler ball...2 minutes flat I was picking up little plastic pieces..this one lasted through last night and was still in one piece this morning..
airwalk
I live here

Postby pocketpit » July 10th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Helps if I put my posts in the right thread...okay two toys I received for Scooter that *crosses everything* seem to be holding up.

http://toysandtreats.petedge.com/Tough- ... goryId=905

seems to be made of the same type of material as cuz so Scooter loved chewing on it...but NO SQUEAK.

and

http://toysandtreats.petedge.com/Tough- ... -ZX353.pro

we previously tried the regular giggler ball...2 minutes flat I was picking up little plastic pieces..this one lasted through last night and was still in one piece this morning..

I will also give these two toys a thumbs up though my dogs broke the giggle part of the giggle ball pretty quickly. They are not destruction proof but are sturdy.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Mickle » July 15th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I absolutly love the Tuffies dog toys. Lucius destroys every soft toy but these.

http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 15th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Riggs' mostest favoritist toys in the whole world are Cuz toys. He doesn't destroy them, he carries them around and nurses on them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 10:26 pm

Layla does it for him.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » July 15th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Scooter also adores cuz balls...but he must first rescue and kill the squeaker then he can love the ball and yes he also nurses on his cuz balls.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BullyLady » July 15th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Mickle wrote:I absolutly love the Tuffies dog toys. Lucius destroys every soft toy but these.

http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

Yes, these are the ONLY soft toys that have lasted the test of time in my house as well. Sometimes my dogs will restrain themselves and hold onto a true stuffie for months.... but it always ends with stuffing all over the living room and then carrying around the husk of a sheepie or a hedgehog.... :lol: These Tuffie toys are excellent!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TheRedQueen » July 16th, 2008, 9:27 am

mnp13 wrote:Riggs' mostest favoritist toys in the whole world are Cuz toys. He doesn't destroy them, he carries them around and nurses on them.

Inara is the same way...plus she likes to share the pretty music she makes...even through the open window so the neighbors can hear too! :crazy2:

TheRedQueen

Postby Mickle » July 16th, 2008, 9:42 am

Lucius thoroughly enjoys making cuz music too!!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby LoveABull » July 16th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Luna loves the typical assortment already mentioned here... kongs, nylabones, cuz... but her favorite-est toy in the entire world was her "Holee Roller"
they're solid rubber. probly wouldn't hold up to a real chewing, but Luna LOVED to 'fetch' it!

we got the large size, and, on a whim, shoved one of those balls that lights up when it bounces inside of it. she would happily chase the thing till she dropped of exhaustion. she seemed to derive great joy from shaking it HARD and smacking herself in the sides of her face with it

an inside 'fetch' toy that she likes are latex toys with stuffing inside them, and a squeaker. i can't leave her alone with one, but she loves to run after them, and squeak them. its the only kind of 'stuffed' toy i'll buy her.. she destroys other stuffies in seconds.
Not all that can be counted, counts; not all that counts can be counted.
what's going on in my neck of the woods? check out the Aluma-blog!
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 18th, 2008, 11:14 am

Mick LOVED the Flyin' Squirrel to death... literally. :sad2:

http://www.petco.com/product/10295/Chuc ... g-Toy.aspx

But it was a great toy while it lasted. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » July 18th, 2008, 11:33 am

I have found nothing but a marrow bone that will hold up to Drusilla's chewing in a crate...any suggestions?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

PreviousNext