RIP Bengee

Postby LoveABull » January 10th, 2007, 8:10 pm

as i mentioned at a previous date, we are visiting my parents in FL. i have always been careful to watch the dogs, put them away when i went out, etc etc... and i'd told my parents to do the same...but my father was charmed by how sweet Luna was, and didn't realize the severity of the warnings i gave him.

we went out on some errands, leaving the dogs in the care of my parents... my dad put all 3 dogs in the backyard, and fell asleep.

i'm 98% positive Solar did it, based on the pattern of wounds on everyone... we're going to adopt him out. can't deal with it. i know big dog killing small furry is natural, but i can't bear to look at him.
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 10th, 2007, 9:01 pm

I didn't know you had three dogs now... I'm so sorry to hear this.

Why do you think Solar was the cause?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Oh I'm so sorry...RIP Benjee... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Oh, this is so sad! I am sorry for your loss.

:(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LoveABull » January 10th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Bengee was added to the family about a year ago. Eric's mother was living with his brother, his brother divorced and moved into an apartment, and because it wasn't her choice what or where the apartment was, they got an apartment that didn't allow dogs. sending a 14 year old dog to a shelter is practically ringing his death toll, so we agreed to take him on. i think Solar was responsible because Luna didn't have a mark on her, Solar had scrapes on his belly as if he were standing over something and it was trying to kick him off, and Bengee's wounds weren't "bite and shake" wounds... which is what i would expect from a pit. most of the wounds were slashes... collies normally bite that way, instead of grabbing hold and shaking.
Solar has also always been a bit of a loose canon... going over-the-top excited/agressive at seeing other dogs no matter what i did, barking and growling at black people (which i NEVER taught him that, and discoraged it at every turn), and when he would get exited, he got nippy, no matter how much i tried to get him to stop. and i tried everything... positive reinforecment, negative reinforcement, come-to-Jesus moments... you name it, i tried it. when he and Luna played, when she got excited she would grab her ball and shake it... when he got excited, he would try to bite her neck.
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » January 11th, 2007, 1:06 am

Solar has also always been a bit of a loose canon... going over-the-top excited/agressive at seeing other dogs no matter what i did, barking and growling at black people (which i NEVER taught him that, and discoraged it at every turn), and when he would get exited, he got nippy, no matter how much i tried to get him to stop. and i tried everything

And you're going to adopt him out!? :shock:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby LoveABull » January 11th, 2007, 8:22 am

actually we came to the decision last night (after i made my first post) that the most responsible thing was to take him to the vet, not the shelter. :(
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » January 11th, 2007, 1:59 pm

I agree. DA is one thing but HA is quite another.

you are being very responsible, and doing the right thing is never easy.

I am sorry.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Run free Bengee. :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogged » January 11th, 2007, 3:19 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.

RIP Bengee.
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 11th, 2007, 3:57 pm

edited:

This is the memorial section, please leave your well wishes & take any other comments to another thread or pm's. Thank you
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby LoveABull » January 11th, 2007, 4:43 pm

how dare you. i've lost two dogs in as many days, and you think you know me? everything i said was truth. i did NOT throw in "oh yeah, and he growls at people" for s***s and giggles. he has MORTIFIED me more times than i care to admit snarling at people, or lunging at dogs. i have just spent all last night and all day today crying my eyes out over this decision! lazy? LAZY? i have bent over BACKWARDS to try to get him to calm down! i was looking into getting professional training next, if this hadn't happened. i euthed him because i was SCARED of what might happen if another family got him.
i was typing with tears still in my eyes from BURYING the first dog... of COURSE i left some crap out.

i havn't posted here much... but the people here KNOW me... ask Michelle if she things i would REALLY do something like that? ask Chea. i thought Luna killed our cat... did i have her euthed out of "vengance"? no. trust me... "vengance" was the furthest thing from my mind.

edited
Last edited by LoveABull on January 11th, 2007, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby dogged » January 11th, 2007, 4:48 pm

This is a very inapprorpiate time to bring up those kind of concerns, Ant.
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Let's keep this section for memorials only please. Ant, you are free to post a new topic if you wish, just not in this section. Thank you for understanding.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2007, 5:30 pm

You know I'm all for holding people accountable for their actions, but please start a different thread to do it. I understand you have questions and I feel they should be addressed, in a different forum.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » January 12th, 2007, 12:47 pm

RIP Bengee & Solar.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » January 12th, 2007, 4:31 pm

ask Chea.

Whoa whoa whoa..... Please dont bring me into any of this!

I'm sorry for your losses.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby LoveABull » January 12th, 2007, 8:54 pm

Whoa whoa whoa..... Please dont bring me into any of this!

I'm sorry for your losses.

heh. just mentioned you because we've met.

and thanks.
LoveABull
Just Whelped

Postby concreterose » January 13th, 2007, 8:20 pm

edited

Sorry for your loss, Loveabull. What a tragic accident.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Asta » January 14th, 2007, 2:55 pm

Sorry for your loss, a tragic accident indeed!

edited

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends