Goodbye my friend

Postby beemerchef » September 20th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Having both been the recipient of a Loss of our Child we corresponded a lot. Every year we planned a trip to see her and it never happened. I am at such a loss for words. I also think that the pain took her away as I personally know how hard the struggle to stay afloat is. You will always be here with us... Goodbye for now only.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2011, 3:29 pm

beemerchef wrote:Having both been the recipient of a Loss of our Child we corresponded a lot. Every year we planned a trip to see her and it never happened. I am at such a loss for words. I also think that the pain took her away as I personally know how hard the struggle to stay afloat is. You will always be here with us... Goodbye for now only.
Ara & Spirit

Ara, out of all the posts in memory of Christine, yours made me cry.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » September 20th, 2011, 8:00 pm

I am stunned and deeply saddened. RIP friend, you touched so many, human, canine, feline the list goes on. I imagine you with Jessica, Mick, Luka and all our furry friends that have left us. I feel better having known you.

:(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby AllAmericanPUP » November 7th, 2011, 4:35 pm

I haven't really been on the boards much latey and i'm very shocked to read this :(

RIP Christine.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » December 12th, 2011, 1:59 am

I picked up Riggs' grinder today, it was on loan to our venison processor. I laughed when I told them about it being the same size he is... and showed them the pictures from when you sent it to him. I still have the shipping receipt with his name instead of mine. When I brought it home, Demo said that I had to send it back - but since it was addressed to Riggs I wasn't the owner, was I?? So it stayed because Riggs wasn't able to take care of those phone calls himself.

You gave us so much in so many different ways. And though you kept so much back I hope that somewhere deep down you knew that we would have liked you and cared about you regardless.

The old man is doing well, grouchy as ever. He must have his blanket every night, or he won't stay in his bed. But when I cover him up he growls at me. I try to explain to him that that's not purring, but he still does it. Oh, and I mean Riggs, not Demo (he's good too, heading back to work this week after his surgery. Hopefully he'll be back on the road soon!)

Connor's knee is good as new, he hasn't limped in many months. Thanks to you and many other people we were able to give him the rehab he needed to be back to a healthy life. I can't say "happy" because that dog is happy watching a slide show on the wall... as evidenced by his unwavering attention to the slides we looked at over Thanksgiving.

And Ruby, well, she is a bitch, just like always. My perfect princess... except when she steals the chex mix and then beats it to her crate to avoid getting punished. Well, that's just proof of her Queen Bitch status I suppose.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Our Departed Friends