Poor Sara Lee. RIP precious girl :(

Postby Kangas Mommy » March 12th, 2006, 7:51 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you know Sara Lee, many of you have donated to her fund. She was my first off the streets rescue, she is the one who inspired me to start Sunrays Pit Bull Rescue.

In case you do not know or recall. She was found on the streets of Tamaqua PA, all covererd in fleas, her hind legs all scratched up, scars, ears clipped very short, just a mess. I went to get her thinking she was about 5 years old. She turned out to be about 9-10 years old. At first site she walked to me tail wagging, head down to be pet. Her eyes were a mess, one actually bleeding from neglect. She was urinating blood about every minute. Of course i took her to the vet right away and found out her blood work was perfect but she had bladder stones. The doctor i work for did her surgery and i raised about 1000.00 for the total cost. She was worth every penny. Such a loving dog. She followed me everywhere. No matter how down she was even after surgery the tail wagged away. She made an awesome recovery and was staying, being spoiled at a kennel i work at. Everyone loved her and treated her like a queen.

Friday I got up for work and noticed my watch stopped at 6:30am. Weird it was a newer watch. I took it off and went to the kennel to pick up a rescue that needed to get spayed, the 2 kennel girls looked upset. I asked what was wrong. They then told me they came in to find sweet sara lee dead in her kennel. It looked to me like she may have bloated. I had to take her into work to get creamated. UGGGG I feel so sick. At least i know i made her last couple months special and i know she knew i loved her. She stopped my watch to let me know she was moving on. This special old gal will be missed

Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Poor Old gal at least she was loved and had peace in the end.

HUGS!

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Play over the Rainbow bridge pain free Sara Lee
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » March 12th, 2006, 9:29 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.. RIP Sarah Lee,, she had a beautiful time with you, you gave her what she didnt have- love..... she is not in pain anymore, and can run free now!! and yes, she did stop your watch to let you know...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 12th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Sonya, so sorry for your loss. Thank you for rescuing her and loving her.
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 13th, 2006, 12:04 am

:( So sad, may she rest in peace. I'm sure she was grateful for the love she received before she passed.
Jenn
undecided

Postby panda » March 13th, 2006, 1:59 am

RIP lovely old girl
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 13th, 2006, 8:44 am

I am very sorry! Thanks for helping her!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 13th, 2006, 8:45 am

You made her last few months far better than her life was before so she could pass on happy and comfortable.

RIP
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 13th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Awww, poor baby.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Our Departed Friends