Another day, another dream (Lambie again)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » March 7th, 2007, 11:06 pm

I took these in to our vet. This is the most intense part right here.

It's tough to see her but she's there at the bottom left of the screen in the crate.

One of the GSDs was barking at me creeping up to her crate that way.
(I know, weird!)

Image[/img]
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » March 8th, 2007, 12:03 am

That is so wierd. Have you figured out why she does it? And how you can help her?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 8th, 2007, 12:53 am

We think it is REM Behavior disorder. I have spoken with our vet and she's on a drug to prevent seizures in hopes it will help. I guess it takes a month for it to be in their system so she has to stay on it at least a month.
Isn't that odd, what she does? You'd think it was epilepsy but she wakes right up from it.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 8th, 2007, 2:02 am

Wally does very similar movements in his sleep (from what I can see, damn you dark movie!). . . now I'm worried and I never was before. I just figured it was normal!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » March 8th, 2007, 2:03 am

He thrashes about too??? Wow. Well I don't think it is normal but I don't know as it can hurt them. I only got concerned because of the 2-3 x now that she's thrown up in her sleep or at least at night...no food but smelly bile vomit...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 8th, 2007, 2:07 am

He's never thrown up or anything, but he regularly has those convulsions, which I just call puppy dreams. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week. When it happens in bed at night I usually end up with a fat lip or scratches all over me from his kicking and thrashing.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » March 8th, 2007, 10:52 am

On March 07 2007, SisMorphine wrote:He's never thrown up or anything, but he regularly has those convulsions, which I just call puppy dreams. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week. When it happens in bed at night I usually end up with a fat lip or scratches all over me from his kicking and thrashing.

Oh yeah and he sleeps on your bed! Lambie has her "dreams" daily, at every nap and every night, at least 2-4 x a night. Every time she enters REM sleep, it occurs.
I have no idea of the significance but it has gotten worse. When she was a puppy she used to but now that she's bigger it has gotten very intense. I hope this med helps...
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members