Let's Get It On!!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby luvmypitties » February 19th, 2007, 10:49 am

On February 19 2007, 9:08 AM, SisMorphine wrote:
On February 19 2007, 12:11 AM, Malli wrote:people are f-ed up :| At least Athena is young enough to let it roll of her :)

Yeah, it didn't even register with her. She was just like "Oh look, I'm a few feet away now. Cool." and kept right on rolling. Luckily it wasn't during her fear period (which I thought we skipped but she's just going through it a bit later than my friend's puppy did . . . the submissive peeing is getting VERY annoying!).

What fear stage are you talking about?? I havent gone through that yet! My puppy is scared of NOTHING! And when he gets a firm no he looks at me like yea right...lol. But he is getting much better with the listening thing!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 19th, 2007, 11:03 am

On February 19 2007, 9:49 AM, luvmypitties wrote:
On February 19 2007, 9:08 AM, SisMorphine wrote:
On February 19 2007, 12:11 AM, Malli wrote:people are f-ed up :| At least Athena is young enough to let it roll of her :)

Yeah, it didn't even register with her. She was just like "Oh look, I'm a few feet away now. Cool." and kept right on rolling. Luckily it wasn't during her fear period (which I thought we skipped but she's just going through it a bit later than my friend's puppy did . . . the submissive peeing is getting VERY annoying!).

What fear stage are you talking about?? I havent gone through that yet! My puppy is scared of NOTHING! And when he gets a firm no he looks at me like yea right...lol. But he is getting much better with the listening thing!!

Well they're supposed to go through a fear stage at around 9 weeks. I figured we passed it but now at 11 weeks it's popped up. She's a very bullheaded pup, so she isn't quivering and running from stuff, but when she meets new people she is submissively peeing, but luckily still running towards them and hasn't shown any other signs of fear. If your pup is as bullheaded as mine you may not even notice the fear stage with him! The bully breeds tend not to be as bad as the others when it comes to that stage since they are bred to be very sure of themselves.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » February 19th, 2007, 11:05 am

I guess we skipped that stage then... He is about 13 weeks old. And boy is he sure of himself. We are definetly going to get some professional training because he will be a handfull when he is an adult!! I can just tell with his devilish look. Your girl on the other hand looks so sweet and innocent with that wrinkly face and everything. she is so cute!! And I love the breed!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 19th, 2007, 11:59 am

Trust me it's just an act, she's the devil!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » February 19th, 2007, 2:52 pm

On February 19 2007, SisMorphine wrote:If your pup is as bullheaded as mine you may not even notice the fear stage with him! The bully breeds tend not to be as bad as the others when it comes to that stage since they are bred to be very sure of themselves.

I can't recall Oscar ever having it either... His only fears are car exhaust -we make a wide birth, used to be the vacuum-now he could care less unless it touches him-the bf made that fear :evil:, other new dogs-though he acts the opposite of fearful, and the sound of the pill jar :lol3: - I have to say that one cropped up as his allergies developed :?

Malli
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members