Foster Rats write home to Mom (Picture HEAVY!)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Hoyden » January 20th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Dear Mommy (SisMorphine),

Sorry we haven't posted pictures in awhile, getting time on the computer while the furless ones are sleeping and the big furry creatures are not watching is tough since they figured out how we were escaping from our cage.

We're doing great Mom! We get to play and walk all over the furless ones. They feed us lots of yummy stuff like ham, peas, carrots, green beans, cheerios, cheese-its, apple, banana, cheddar cheese, bacon, roast beast, peaches and other good stuffs. We like timber wolf dog food better than that yucky cat food. Our favorite super good rat treats are Captain Crunch and YoGos.

They treat us like little rodent royalty.

Bacon likes to sit with the cranky furless one in his chair

and sit on his shoulder while he watches the big loud box

The cranky furless one also thinks it's cute when Bacon sits on his shoulder and gives himself a bath.

After his bath, Bacon crawls down to snuggle

When Bacon wakes up, he tells Cranky that he's the best, even if his PJ pants are loud and ugly.

Veal likes to crawl around on the cranky furless one when he gets home from work, before the black furry creature and the wobbly furless one come home from work.

The cranky furless one gives us lots of treats, uhmmm good!!

Hey you, got any more of those yummy things?

Then Bacon gets his turn to run around on the cranky oneImage

Our furless room mate thinks she's the Pied Piper, she plays music for us on her flute. Bacon likes to listen close, but Veal likes to sit on top of the cage unless one of the other furless ones decides to hold him.

Ohhhh, Bacon likes that Song!!

One of Veal's favorite places to snuggle is with his furless roommate.

Nothing like a nice nap after lots of yummy treats!

We'll post some more pictures soon, Mom!

Love your Boys,

The Meat Brothers,

Bacon

Veal

ps.

The wobbly furless one took some more pictures of us, she'll post them in a little while.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 20th, 2007, 9:21 pm

They are so cute. And so big! I missed my boys growing up. *sniff*

That picture of Veal and his tongue is just priceless!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » January 20th, 2007, 9:29 pm

The whiskers on these guys make then twice as adorable! They're so cute!
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » January 20th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Veal is just tooo cute!!! I love the picture with his tongue too!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 20th, 2007, 10:48 pm

Veal should be in a sour candy advertisement with that face.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmyangels » January 20th, 2007, 10:55 pm

What beautiful pics you took of them!!! I am so sorry you are without them Sis but at least Hoyden is taking such good care of them.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » January 20th, 2007, 11:27 pm

On January 20 2007, 10:55 PM, luvmyangels wrote:What beautiful pics you took of them!!! I am so sorry you are without them Sis but at least Hoyden is taking such good care of them.

They are being BEYOND loved down there, so I'm okay with it :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » January 21st, 2007, 12:48 pm

This picture is priceless, very cute!
Jenn
undecided

Postby blayzeingsun » January 23rd, 2007, 6:11 pm

That is the best picture ever! Makes me think twice about ratties!
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby Miakoda » January 27th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Awwwww. They are soo ocute!

And that brings up a question. We have an empty 75 gallon aquarium. We had 2 foot long Oscars in there (until I somehow killed them :| ) & then had Ally the Alligator, but he/she got released in Bayou Manchac once he/she was old enough & big enough. I'm wanting to get another alligator (yes I have a wildlife permit :wink: ), but my husband wants another Guinnea Pig (our last one passed of cancer). However, the petstore people told us Guinnea Pigs need a wire cage so that they have a constant flow of air for circulation. They stated that the GP would not surive in the aquarium. I'm not sure if that's really true or not (I mean, it's a HUGE aquarium & it's not like we'd put a top on it.....we'd have a friend make us a screen top if necessary. But what about fancy rats? Would a 75 gallon aquarium work for them?
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » January 27th, 2007, 6:09 pm

On January 27 2007, 3:52 PM, Miakoda wrote:Awwwww. They are soo ocute!

And that brings up a question. We have an empty 75 gallon aquarium. We had 2 foot long Oscars in there (until I somehow killed them :| ) & then had Ally the Alligator, but he/she got released in Bayou Manchac once he/she was old enough & big enough. I'm wanting to get another alligator (yes I have a wildlife permit :wink: ), but my husband wants another Guinnea Pig (our last one passed of cancer). However, the petstore people told us Guinnea Pigs need a wire cage so that they have a constant flow of air for circulation. They stated that the GP would not surive in the aquarium. I'm not sure if that's really true or not (I mean, it's a HUGE aquarium & it's not like we'd put a top on it.....we'd have a friend make us a screen top if necessary. But what about fancy rats? Would a 75 gallon aquarium work for them?

Nope, from what I understand, they'd be more apt to get respiratory infections.

Alyssa could probably tell you more.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 27th, 2007, 9:49 pm

I know people who do keep them in large tanks, but it's not a good idea. They need a lot of air circulation (as do guinea pigs and rabbits and such). ALSO never put a mammal in a tank that once housed any reptiles or fish. I can't remember exactly what the illnesses are (it's been a while) but they can stay in the corners of the tanks (you know where the glue is) no matter how much you clean the tanks, and your mammals won't make it very long.
SisMorphine

Postby Miakoda » January 27th, 2007, 11:56 pm

On Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:49 pm, SisMorphine wrote:I know people who do keep them in large tanks, but it's not a good idea. They need a lot of air circulation (as do guinea pigs and rabbits and such). ALSO never put a mammal in a tank that once housed any reptiles or fish. I can't remember exactly what the illnesses are (it's been a while) but they can stay in the corners of the tanks (you know where the glue is) no matter how much you clean the tanks, and your mammals won't make it very long.

Otay! :D

Guess I'll get me another alligator baby soon. YAY!
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members