Freecycled Bunny

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » December 7th, 2006, 11:24 pm

We adopted this bunny today. It is a girl.
What breed, Sis, do you know? Her toenails were horribly overgrown and her eye is watery, I have no idea why. I washed it out good and put NFZ puffer in it, I wondered if it could be from the straw they had in her hutch?

msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » December 8th, 2006, 12:09 am

Looks like a Netherland Dwarf to me. Was she an outside bunny? Her fur seems slightly long for a Netherland but otherwise looks like one.

Hopefully she just had something in her eye, but often a rabbit's eyes will water when they're having teeth problems (molars, not front), which are very common.

Netherlands, especially females, are known to be territorial so don't be surprised if she doesn't want you in her cage at all. Usually they're a lot friendlier when they're not in their space. I had a female Netherland growing up who would literally rear up and come down smacking your hand if you put it in her cage, the whole time growling (which sounds like honking), but was fine out. The male I had later on was a little bit more civil than she was, but I heard from a breeder that it's common.

Either way she's a cutie! You may need to bring her to the vet for the eye thing if it doesn't start to resolve within the week. If it gets worse it's an infection, but if it stays the same my guess would be teeth.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » December 8th, 2006, 12:36 am

She looks dwarf to me, too but her fur is so LONG and fluffy!
Crap, a tooth problem!? I'll watch her eye. It's only one eye, and it doesn't look infected at all.
eta: I've dealt with snarky bunnies but in my case it was my Mini Lop female who was the worst!! lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 8th, 2006, 7:38 am

OH how cute! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » December 8th, 2006, 10:48 am

Awwww she is soo pretty!! I love bunnies!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » December 8th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Evil red eyes. :o

LOL, she's cute. Your not going to eat her too, are you? ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » December 9th, 2006, 1:19 pm

:laugh1: well if we DO she's got to put on a few more pounds, you'd burn more calories preparing her than you got by eating her!!!
:wink2:

BTW her eye is better! No more watering, I think it was the straw bedding (which we removed)
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members