Betta pics

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby CinderDee » February 2nd, 2006, 2:09 pm

A few pics of some of my Bettas...

Jezebel...

Zen...

Chai...
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » February 2nd, 2006, 2:15 pm

Those are awesome shots! Jezebel is gorgeous :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2006, 2:28 pm

I :heartbeat: Zen
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 2:49 am

Thanks guys! :D

SisMorphine,
Jez is really striking, especially with her black lips. She's a feisty girl too. :mask:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » February 3rd, 2006, 9:19 am

CinderDee wrote:Thanks guys! :D

SisMorphine,
Jez is really striking, especially with her black lips. She's a feisty girl too. :mask:

My boy, Percy Kittens, looked much like her in his younger years. Unfortunately I've had him for . . . about 2 years I guess, and he's having some swim bladder issues so he's not as striking as he used to be :(

But those black lips! The lady knows exactly what kind of make up to wear to attracks the boys.

I noticed that the boys have different fins than any of my boys have had. What kind are they?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Romanwild » February 3rd, 2006, 9:28 am

Nice crown tail! Where did you find him?

One of these days I will breed some Mustard gas Betta's! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 3rd, 2006, 9:33 am

Romanwild wrote:Nice crown tail! Where did you find him?

Ah-ha! Crown Tail. Thanks. I was sitting here like "King Tail . . . no no, that is so wrong, damnit!"

I dated a fish guy . . . waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long ago. I used to know that stuff :)
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 10:46 am

SisMorphine wrote:
CinderDee wrote:Thanks guys! :D

SisMorphine,

My boy, Percy Kittens, looked much like her in his younger years. Unfortunately I've had him for . . . about 2 years I guess, and he's having some swim bladder issues so he's not as striking as he used to be :(

But those black lips! The lady knows exactly what kind of make up to wear to attracks the boys.

I noticed that the boys have different fins than any of my boys have had. What kind are they?

Do you need any help with Percy?

As Charles said, they are Crowntails. Jezebel is a Plakat/CT. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 10:50 am

Romanwild wrote:Nice crown tail! Where did you find him?

Thanks, Charles! :D The boys are from Colorado Crowntails. Actually, I lost Zen a little while back, along with his brother and another female, after feeding live blackworms. :(

I'd love to get a pair of MG too. They are beautiful. When you breed yours, I'll buy a pair!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » February 3rd, 2006, 10:53 am

CinderDee wrote:
Do you need any help with Percy?

What can I do to help Percy? Changing the water . . . feeding him . . . are there drops or something I can put in to help with his swim bladder?

I wish I wasn't in a huge fight with my ex right now, I'd love to ask him as he's the only knowledgable fish guy around here :rolleyes2:
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 10:59 am

Can you tell me exactly what his symptoms are, what, and how much you feed him and his set up and maintenance? Water params would be great too if you have them. :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » February 3rd, 2006, 11:19 am

CinderDee wrote:Can you tell me exactly what his symptoms are, what, and how much you feed him and his set up and maintenance? Water params would be great too if you have them. :D

I PMed you so that I don't look like an idiot in front of everyone :)
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 11:20 am

Ok :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 11:53 am

gorgeous fish dee, your picture taking is sooo professional.. too cool.......... um , sis, dont worry, i posted about my pleco and koi and was a total idiot as i didnt know how to take care of them... i asked a million silly questions.. dee helped me out..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby CinderDee » February 3rd, 2006, 12:00 pm

You're sweet, ME, thanks! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Judy » February 4th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Those are cool looking fish.
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » February 5th, 2006, 12:00 am

All fishy people gotta start somewhere. Dee..I have sen these pics before but they always catch me by surprize over and over at how beautiful they are.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2006, 12:11 am

SisMorphine wrote:
CinderDee wrote:Can you tell me exactly what his symptoms are, what, and how much you feed him and his set up and maintenance? Water params would be great too if you have them. :D

You're among friends! You can look just as stupid as the rest of us do missy! :doh:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » February 5th, 2006, 9:10 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:

You're among friends! You can look just as stupid as the rest of us do missy! :doh:

Trust me, I would have looked far more stupid than everyone put together and multiplied by 12 :rolleyes2:
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » February 13th, 2006, 10:56 am

Thanks, Vi & Judy! :D

Sis, how is Percy?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members