Cruelty via neglect (Graphic photos)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » September 20th, 2006, 10:02 am

This IS the worst neglect/abuse case I have ever seen or dealt with...Angus has sores on his skin but they should heal up good, with the hair mats gone - also I bathed him with Betadine scrub which is what surgeons wash with prior to surgery, so I know it kills germs!

His "dred locks" are made of fecal material and other dirt, weeds and bits of trash that collected there. The stench was incredible...!!

Look at his sad eyes, he was in so much pain...

And look at him now!
I gotta get me some professional clippers!!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » September 20th, 2006, 10:07 am

Ugh, I can almost smell the poor guy from here.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » September 20th, 2006, 10:11 am

That is horrible. Thank goodness you got him out and he looks much better now.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby msvette2u » September 20th, 2006, 10:13 am

I was there getting Victor, a dachshund (mix?) and the shelter director asked if I could take the "dog with fur mats", I went back there not having a clue what I was in for. After all this work I don't want to return him to the shelter, and his 3 days were up :| He'd probably get a home but he's intact and I don't want him getting adopted that way... I guess I'll have to keep him!! :shock: lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby bouvierz » October 8th, 2006, 1:35 am

Wow you did a great job clipping him up. He is super cute. Good luck with him.
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » October 8th, 2006, 1:46 am

Poor baby! He must feel amazing now!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby msvette2u » October 8th, 2006, 12:47 pm

We had him a week and a half, got him snipped, chipped and clipped (heheh) and he's in a new home and they love him to death!!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » October 8th, 2006, 12:53 pm

On October 07 2006, bouvierz wrote:Wow you did a great job clipping him up. He is super cute. Good luck with him.
Thanks so much :) Marinepits is sending us a clipper she's not using any longer so when it gets here, I'll just go to the shelter and clip 'em up, whoever needs clipped!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » October 8th, 2006, 2:41 pm

On October 08 2006, 12:53 PM, msvette2u wrote:
On October 07 2006, bouvierz wrote:Wow you did a great job clipping him up. He is super cute. Good luck with him.
Thanks so much :) Marinepits is sending us a clipper she's not using any longer so when it gets here, I'll just go to the shelter and clip 'em up, whoever needs clipped!

Doing total shave downs can be fun. One of my favorite things to do actually . . . oddly . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » October 8th, 2006, 6:59 pm

It is mine, too, I love how the fur just kind of "peels" off in a blanket, boy, Angus cleaned up really nice- the cocker we have has bumps and wart-like things so it's difficult with him. But on a younger dog, it goes so well and they look so GREAT afterwards...Angus didn't know what to do with himself, he hadn't had that fur off of him for so long!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » October 8th, 2006, 8:55 pm

I can't believe how matted that poor dogs fur was. That had to be a long period of neglect.

His fur looks so shiney after you clipped him. Even his expression looks healthier.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members