Our graduate :)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby amalie79 » August 5th, 2011, 10:44 am

River took her CGC last night... and we failed spectacularly lol

The first test item is to hold a sit while a "friendly stranger" approaches and asks to greet her. That stinker popped up immediately. She's been perfect every time we practice. She's, in fact, been perfect on 9 of the 10 items even off-leash, her weakness being supervised separation. A friend has been coming over to help, but stood me up this week when it was crunch time. That was kind of a bummer and I think put me in a more stressful frame of mind-- I'd say I bear more than half the responsibility for our showing :rolleyes2: .

But she totally worked it as long as we were moving around, 100% focused on me and doing her job. :mrgreen: This bodes VERY well for rally-o, which we start in 2 weeks. Greeting a new person and a new dog was just too much excitement.

But she graduated from the advanced class, and was a star especially considering her "home-schooling" :wink: She took one fairly worthless basic obedience class 2 years ago with a different trainer, but other than that it's been just us-- all the other dogs in the class were young and had taken a puppy or basic class with the trainer. My step-daughter's been coming to the classes, too, and she's been developing a great relationship with River and polishing her clicker timing. I'm really proud of them both!! :dance:

"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » August 5th, 2011, 12:38 pm

yay River!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » August 5th, 2011, 10:36 pm

amalie79 wrote:River took her CGC last night... and we failed spectacularly

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That ending just cracked me up!!!! LMAO

But she graduated from the advanced class, and was a star especially considering her "home-schooling....

GOOD FOR HER!!! AND YOU!!! :confetti:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » August 6th, 2011, 12:16 pm

That line cracked me up too. :)

Congrats on the rest though. Better than us, Kinzyl wouldn't get past the sitting still to say hello to a stranger. Her but would be wiggling all over the place.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 6th, 2011, 12:35 pm

GO River! Cute photo!! :D
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members