Astro is now family

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2008, 1:59 am

He looks frickin' fantastic! WTG Joyce! :clap:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby gayrghts » August 16th, 2008, 2:21 am

Awesome Joyce.... he looks great....

now Harleybird.... you need some basic sex ed 101....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » August 16th, 2008, 8:45 am

DropkickPA wrote: And our goldens LOVED the brush, they would melt into puddles of bliss every time we brushed them!

I think this is how I won him over. :) He rolls over for his stomach and then flips over for the other side. I even brush his feet so I can keep touching his nails. SOMEDAY I plan on being able to cut his nails without my catcher's mask on. :bananaDance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » August 17th, 2008, 9:55 am

I mentioned it elsewhere, but wanted to tell everyone again:

When I feed the dogs, everyone has their own spot to stand and wait. Astro has learned that his is in the dog den. He gets fed last.

The other day, I bring his dish to him, bend down and place it on the floor. I then get this BIG SLURPY LICK on my face! I know many people don't want their dogs licking their faces, but this is a BIG STEP for him. Considering he had wanted to bite my face, previously. 8)

Sometimes he just shows no affect in his facial expressions. Like a statue. :( But this was a tail wagging, ears wiggling kind of kiss.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby nicole » August 17th, 2008, 6:21 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I mentioned it elsewhere, but wanted to tell everyone again:

When I feed the dogs, everyone has their own spot to stand and wait. Astro has learned that his is in the dog den. He gets fed last.

The other day, I bring his dish to him, bend down and place it on the floor. I then get this BIG SLURPY LICK on my face! I know many people don't want their dogs licking their faces, but this is a BIG STEP for him. Considering he had wanted to bite my face, previously. 8)

Sometimes he just shows no affect in his facial expressions. Like a statue. :( But this was a tail wagging, ears wiggling kind of kiss.

aww, that is so wonderful to hear. He knows that he has it good now!!

(PS - thank you for changing your Avatar...i was avoiding you b/c of it) :dance:
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » August 17th, 2008, 8:37 pm

nicole wrote:(PS - thank you for changing your Avatar...i was avoiding you b/c of it) :dance:

Truth be known...Admin put the Montauk Monster up as my avatar. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » August 17th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Joyce you've done superb work with Astro, thank you for being willing to take the time and make the commitment.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » August 18th, 2008, 12:26 am

What a big handsome dog he is!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members