Update on ozzy

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » May 6th, 2008, 11:00 pm

yesterday we took ozzy to the vet and she looked over the x rays and the write up from the emergency vet and she also checked ozzy over and she seems to think he has Coon Hound Fever.
it's not fully researched but basically they have found that if a dog is bit by a raccoon it becomes paralyzed a couple weeks later. steroids is the treatment so thats what we are going to continue.

he's already showing improvement.
when she checked his reflexes and deep pinch pain and he responded to both so that means he's beginning to regain feeling!

if he doesnt continue showing improvement then she wants to take a couple more x rays because she thinks he could possibly have a tumor. something showed on one of the x rays but not the other..so we might have those done in a day or two.

according to her scales and the emergency vet scale he has lost 13 pounds.
he hadn't eaten anything since thursday but tonight he finally ate!

i bought this for him
http://www.handicappedpets.com/resleash/

it arrived today and it's great!
now he can walk around a bit and it's easier getting him in and out of the house

oh yea and i shaved him because he tends to pee on himself cause he cant get up so this will make it easier to keep him clean...i'll try to get pics of him tomorrow
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby airwalk » May 6th, 2008, 11:03 pm

Thanks for the update, thing sound like they might be promising.

Keep letting us know how things are going.
airwalk
I live here

Postby CinderDee » May 6th, 2008, 11:05 pm

It does sound promising. I hope he continues to improve. I'll keep him in my thoughts.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Marinepits » May 7th, 2008, 7:19 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 7th, 2008, 8:37 am

Did you see any bite marks on him? I would think a raccoon could leave a nasty bite. Hopefully that's what it is and the steroids do the magic!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » May 7th, 2008, 3:30 pm

If he has long hair it can be really hard to find bites, many cat owners don't notice them on their own animals (we find them when the cat comes in with an abscess...)
It can be the same with dogs, there is a joke in the Vet industry that long haired dogs don't get hives (because you never actually see them haha), I wouldn't think it would be impossible...
Please do keep us updated, I'll cross my fingers!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » May 7th, 2008, 4:15 pm

thats very true

even with him being shaved down i cant really see all the way to his skin cause his fur was so thick from the winter..
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Jenn » May 7th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Wow poor guy, hope he continues to improve!!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members