Scooter scared me

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby hugapitbull » April 10th, 2008, 6:25 pm

So glad he's feeling better. I hate it when something like that happens. Trouble usually waits until the vet is closed and we have to make a 30 mile trip to the Emergency Clinic with her in some kind of distress :shock:

And I'm sure that apple made it all much better :)
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » April 12th, 2008, 8:19 pm

:shock: Scooter.... I hope you are all better now.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Magnolia618 » April 12th, 2008, 8:59 pm

iluvk9 wrote:It wasn't that "backwards breathing thing" they do? I can't remember if it is a "backwards hic-up" or something, but it sounds like they are not getting air into their lungs, and their windpipe has closed. Harleybird does it all the time. :shock:

You mean a "reverse sneeze". :)
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby airwalk » April 12th, 2008, 9:27 pm

All better from the bee sting..now he's on antibiotics :rolleyes2: Because of the birth defect (growth plate never developed) his ear canal and nasal passages on that side are seriously underdeveloped.

He's had a runny nose for the last year and I wrote it off to allergies, but it's been getting worse and the discharge is alternately yellow and green and once in a while white. So, he is on 3 weeks of Ceph to try to see if we can get rid of whatever is causing the yellow and green once and for all....and a steriodal ointment for his ear so if we can get it cleared up.

On top of that..it looks like Charlie's thyroid may be acting up, so we may be adding yet another medication to the morning med line.

I think I just put my Vet's youngest through her first term of college :shock:
airwalk
I live here

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members