Back to the Futur....err...Shelter

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Malli » May 26th, 2007, 3:04 pm

LMAO
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » May 26th, 2007, 4:08 pm

On May 26 2007, call2arms wrote:We should start a geek club. No Joyces allowed. :D

:thbbbbt:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » May 26th, 2007, 7:49 pm

So who's in, except JOYCE? :greenWave:
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 26th, 2007, 10:04 pm

OOH OOH!!! *frantically waving hand* I'm a geek!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » May 26th, 2007, 11:53 pm

I'm in :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » May 27th, 2007, 2:38 am

His temp was 102.4 I think, elevated a bit...

That's really not elevated at all and considered an acceptable temp. That poor ear can not feel good at all! I don't envy you having to clean it but I'm glad you're there to help Dudley out!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 27th, 2007, 10:14 am

Yeah I figured it wasn't too bad (101-102 is "normal"?) but he was VERY sick then with the green gunk at that point. It's all gone now and he's looking SO much better!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » May 27th, 2007, 8:18 pm

the range we look for at work is : 99.5 -37.5 Celcius - low normal- to 101.3 -38.5 Celcius - typical normal
even 38.9 102.02 isn't too bad,
102.2 (39.0) we'd start to think of as elevated or feverish, but no raging fever until about 39.5-39.9 and above, 41.0 is HOT!

p.s. its now taken me about 15 mins dealing with the spell checker and errors it was having to post this ! :evil:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » May 27th, 2007, 8:42 pm

How high do you pass as "normal" for an extremely stressed animal (i.e panting cat)?
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2007, 4:04 am

I guess it depends on the situation? If the cat was overheated, we'd re-take the temp. and see if it dropped.
I've seen temps as high as 40 ish not due to fever, we've overheated a few that were cold and then got TOO warm...
I guess I'm thinking in a "normal" acting or quiet/lethargic animal of these temps, environmental factors(stress, exertion etc) not affecting...
does that make sense :|
I've honestly never seen a cat continue to pant for any length of time at work, they are always put on O2 if they come in panting or open mouth breathing, and then it goes away...
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members