Help ID these dogs!! x2

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 3:53 pm

I have Corgi-Dachshund on this one!???

Mostly because of his nose and his funky legs. His nose seems doxie to me, the ears, Corgi?
I didn't want another foster right now but I have 3 pending adoptions and my new foster home is insane, she keeps picking up dogs from all over the county up north of here :|

Anyway on to the puppy who was tossed out of a car. This puppy is HUGE. He is at least 40lbs. and still has baby teeth. :shock:

msvette2u
I live here

Postby randi81 » March 14th, 2007, 4:26 pm

i'd say the first one is definitely corgi.. i dunno about the doxie. 2nd one... aside from being freakin ADORABLE!!!!!!.... some sort of akita or keeshond mix? the ears are what get me for that one. :|
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 4:36 pm

I've considered Akita mix...that would explain the Brindle?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 4:43 pm

ACK! Look at this puppy - same coloration only Cooper is lighter in color...
http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/c/q/1/sira_akita_pup.jpg
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » March 14th, 2007, 4:45 pm

#1 - not a Labrador

#2 - not a Labrador

But that second one is mighty cute!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 14th, 2007, 5:21 pm

I got nothin' :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 14th, 2007, 6:23 pm

I got nothing either, though the second picture of the second one reminds me of a chow. :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby randi81 » March 14th, 2007, 9:36 pm

On March 14 2007, 3:43 PM, msvette2u wrote:ACK! Look at this puppy - same coloration only Cooper is lighter in color...
http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/c/q/1/sira_akita_pup.jpg

looks like a match!
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » March 14th, 2007, 9:37 pm

I think the first one is a Dachsie/Chihuahua ?

I've no idea on the second one...

Malli
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » March 14th, 2007, 9:38 pm

What breed(s) is that dog in your link? Looks the same to me with the wide head and coloring. :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » March 14th, 2007, 9:42 pm

On March 14 2007, 8:38 PM, iluvk9 wrote:What breed(s) is that dog in your link? Looks the same to me with the wide head and coloring. :|

that was an akita. derrrrrrrrrr it says it when you click the link, silly pants!!! :wink:
-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 14th, 2007, 9:43 pm

On March 14 2007, randi81 wrote:
On March 14 2007, 8:38 PM, iluvk9 wrote:What breed(s) is that dog in your link? Looks the same to me with the wide head and coloring. :|

that was an akita. derrrrrrrrrr it says it when you click the link, silly pants!!! :wink:

Oh. I am suppose to READ the link, too? :thought:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Argh. The Chow rescue folks say no Chow, the Akita rescue says no Akita. OK. I listed him as part Anatolian Shepherd. :? He's cute. As long as I'm adopting out a dog without high needs I'm happy.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby randi81 » March 14th, 2007, 9:58 pm

On March 14 2007, 8:52 PM, msvette2u wrote:Argh. The Chow rescue folks say no Chow, the Akita rescue says no Akita. OK. I listed him as part Anatolian Shepherd. :? He's cute. As long as I'm adopting out a dog without high needs I'm happy.

i dunno man. he doesn't look like any of the pictures of anatolian shephards i've seen. :|

-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 10:22 pm

msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » March 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm

I would say an akita mix for the second one. I dont think anatolian shep. I see chow too.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2007, 10:47 pm

All I know is he is huge!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » March 15th, 2007, 8:01 am

On March 14 2007, msvette2u wrote:All I know is he is huge!

Which is what makes him so endearing. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » March 15th, 2007, 12:33 pm

On March 15 2007, 7:01 AM, iluvk9 wrote:
On March 14 2007, msvette2u wrote:All I know is he is huge!

Which is what makes him so endearing. :)

he is lovely. look at all that fur to cuddle with!!!
-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Postby TinaMartin » April 13th, 2007, 3:41 pm

On March 14 2007, 9:42 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I would say an akita mix for the second one. I don't think anatolian shep. I see chow too.
I don't see chow there would be at least some dark spots on the tongue. What about a leonberger mix they are huge and have a similar head as a pup
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members