Ashley is sick

Postby msvette2u » December 19th, 2006, 12:21 am

She mentioned her throat hurting two nights ago, woke up yesterday w/102 temp. :shock: Her nodes in her neck were huge and painful, she could barely open her jaw. We took her to the Urgent care at once and they dx'ed her with Strep throat! Problem was she kept vomiting despite having little oral intake (fluids) and I knew she could not hold down the amox they prescribed. We finally took her back to Urgent care and they gave her suppositories and a shot of long acting antibiotic, so now she does not have to take the 10 days of pills. But she's really wiped out. Poor girl. She will miss the last few days of school, too, before the break, that's what the dr. recommended.
Here she is yesterday AM.
Her "guardian angel" happens to have black and tan fur.

Doing his job as small as he can!

msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » December 19th, 2006, 12:23 am

That dog is flippin' HUGE!!

Give her a hug for me & tell her I hope she feels better soon.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » December 19th, 2006, 12:26 am

Poor girl :( I get very sick when I get strep so I can completely feel for her. Also missing school before vacation is really hard. Can her friends bring her the assignments so she doesn't get behind?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » December 19th, 2006, 12:34 am

I will swing by there tomorrow and see what is there. More sad is the fun day is Wednesday. The dr. was pretty adamant that he did not want her going in though. And as sick as she was, I could see what he meant. She slept until almost 10 am this morning.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » December 19th, 2006, 12:38 am

I've had strep like five times

suppositories :shock: poor child!

That vomiting thing is weird... is it becuase of the temp?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » December 19th, 2006, 12:40 am

I don't know! It was scary because each time, more fluid came out than what had gone in and I have been down that road before (she was in the hospital 6 years ago with the flu and got very dehydrated) so we took her back before coming back home and I'm glad we did.
Yep she was pretty distraught about the suppositories, at 11! That was the worst part, not the bicillin injection (her hip still hurts!)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » December 19th, 2006, 10:22 am

Sorry to hear she is so sick. Hope she feels better soon.

Everyone is just getting over being sick for the past 2 1/2 weeks and my son gets a note home yesterday from the school nurse that someone had strep in his class. It is just nuts!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 19th, 2006, 11:10 am

On December 19 2006, luvmyangels wrote:Sorry to hear she is so sick. Hope she feels better soon.

Everyone is just getting over being sick for the past 2 1/2 weeks and my son gets a note home yesterday from the school nurse that someone had strep in his class. It is just nuts!!

The doctor was pretty sure, and we agreed, she got it from school. We'd gone to Costco on Saturday and my friend who went with us said "she probably got it off the cart, at Costco!" But I assured him that it takes 5-7 days to develop. That makes me think it was school.
I've never had it, despite the kids having it on and off. I'm lucky I guess :|
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » December 19th, 2006, 6:26 pm

I think some people have more sussceptible areas in their bodies. Me? I get sore throats, A LOT, and almost every cold I have makes my eyes tear for at least some of it. So I guess I'm generally an upper respiratory and systemic (like strep) type :lol3:

Some people get GI bugs really frequently, me? I've had something that made me sick to my stomach ONCE (knock on wood), and never anything prolonged...

well, you catch my drift...

At any rate, I hope she feels better soon, the anitibiotics should be making her feel better by now, I think?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » December 19th, 2006, 8:15 pm

I'm sure she would just looooove to know that you told us how she is getting her meds. lol

Strep sucks, I have had it more times than I can count - at least 3 times a year usually paired with tonsilitis. Then they took my tonsils out (at the age of 19) and I haven't had it for 13 years.

I hope she feels better!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » December 19th, 2006, 9:11 pm

lol yeah I'm sure she's thrilled about that ;)

My oldest girl had her tonsils out at age 5, and she still got strep all the time, I don't get it.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » December 20th, 2006, 9:30 am

Poor baby, hope she feels better really soon.
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » December 20th, 2006, 10:08 am

That dog is GORGEOUS! :heartbeat:

Hope Ashley is feeling better soon ~ I love her name; that was my horse's name (I hope this sounds like a compliment, as it was meant to be.)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » December 20th, 2006, 2:58 pm

How is she doing today?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » December 20th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Ashley managed to get to school since it was a half day and we thought it was too cruel to not send her, they are doing nothing but fun things all AM. Plus she got to see her friends off. Her neck still has big knots where the lymph nodes are but I'm sure those'll take a while to go down :?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 20th, 2006, 4:57 pm

On December 20 2006, iluvk9 wrote:That dog is GORGEOUS! :heartbeat:

Hope Ashley is feeling better soon ~ I love her name; that was my horse's name (I hope this sounds like a compliment, as it was meant to be.)

I bet she'll love to hear about the horse named Ashley - she loves horses :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 20th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Oh, good! Tell her Ashley was a 16 hand Dapple Gray. He shut his eyes over jumps. :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby a-bull » December 21st, 2006, 12:50 am

Maybe a Lyme test somewhere down the line.

Poor kid. Only thing I hate to see more than a sick dog is a sick kid. :(

That's an awful good dog guarding her like that.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » December 21st, 2006, 2:49 pm

aww, that sucks! Strep is annoying
I am kicking an obnoxious cold around right now

Doggie kisses are some of the best medicine! I hope she feels better soon
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Neo_Trinitys_mommy » December 22nd, 2006, 10:03 am

awwww!! I hate to see or hear about sick kids... what a beautfiul dog you have as well and he looks concerned I love that. Must be soemthing going around especially with the wackey weather.. my daughter is sick as well not strep but she had a fever yesterday and stomache issues... shes fine today though.. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.. sending lots of puppy kisses from neo and Trinity
Neo_Trinitys_mommy
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Two Legged Family Members