Dog Bite Photos **Warning For Slightly Graphic Grossness

Postby DemoDick » August 21st, 2008, 10:24 am

Since you can't take serious antibiotics you need to do everything you can to facilitate your body healing itself. I would rest as much as possible. Your place of work should be compensating you with sick/injured time since you incurred the injury on the job.

I would have another person check your bites a few times a day to look for streaking. Stay hydrated and get good nutrition.

Do they have you flushing the wounds periodically to keep them clean? If not, ask about getting some wound saline. It's a pressurized stream that hurts like hell but it gets in deep and flushes everything out.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2008, 10:59 am

Have you done any sea salt soakes yet? they don't hurt and they draw out an amazing (and disgusting) amount of "stuff."

I have had a number of serious puncture wounds from dogs, the salt soakes did wonders for me.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 21st, 2008, 12:28 pm

I hope you're feeling a lot better today. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby nicole » August 21st, 2008, 12:46 pm

geez, that is horrible, you poor thing! Hope you feel better soon.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BigDogBuford » August 21st, 2008, 1:33 pm

I'm alive.....barely. Haha. Yes, I did saline soaks all night, and L&I is taking care of everything. My boss is being extremely supportive and is making sure I've got whatever I need.

My body feels like it got hit by a truck. Chris is feeding all the critters, then we're heading back to the hospital for a re-check and more meds. I forgot to ask what antibiotics they used last night but whatever it wasn't I didn't have a reaction to it.

I kept down a couple of wheat thins so that's good!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » August 21st, 2008, 3:39 pm

well, on the bright side, at least you're being taken care of :)

Hope you feel better soon!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 21st, 2008, 9:08 pm

Poor you...:hug3:

I hate dog bites...ugh...I feel so bad that you're going through this! Glad you're being cared for though!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » August 21st, 2008, 9:45 pm

I hope you get to feeling better very soon. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby cheekymunkee » August 21st, 2008, 10:11 pm

Red streaks scare me. Dilaudid is cool though...ahhh the memories. Ooops, hope you are OK Katt! What did the doctor say this time?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » August 21st, 2008, 11:11 pm

Back again. Looks like I'm on the mend. They gave me more iv antibiotics, pain meds and a liter of fluids because I was really dehydrated. They did more lab work and my WBC count is coming down so that's good.

Only spent 6 hours in the ER today. :rolleyes2: I'll be really happy to not see a hospital again anytime soon.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » August 22nd, 2008, 1:23 am

Damned. :shock:

Glad you're feeling, and getting, better. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » August 22nd, 2008, 1:59 am

I'm amazed they are not admitting you....

If i showed up with that for bites... i'd be stuck in the hosp for days....

Glad you're feeling better.... and have your pseudo freedom

BigDogBuford wrote:Back again. Looks like I'm on the mend. They gave me more iv antibiotics, pain meds and a liter of fluids because I was really dehydrated. They did more lab work and my WBC count is coming down so that's good.

Only spent 6 hours in the ER today. :rolleyes2: I'll be really happy to not see a hospital again anytime soon.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 22nd, 2008, 10:37 am

gayrghts wrote:I'm amazed they are not admitting you....

If i showed up with that for bites... i'd be stuck in the hosp for days....

Glad you're feeling better.... and have your pseudo freedom

Honestly I'm kind of glad. Hospitals kinda freak me out with all their germs....
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » August 22nd, 2008, 1:40 pm

You are way better off at home...I'm convinced hospitals are where people go to get sick..not well.

I'm glad you're feeling better and being well cared for. Chris has got to be wondering how you do it all every day!
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 22nd, 2008, 1:48 pm

airwalk wrote:You are way better off at home...I'm convinced hospitals are where people go to get sick..not well.

I'm glad you're feeling better and being well cared for. Chris has got to be wondering how you do it all every day!

Yeah, I think he got a crash course. He's getting the bare minimum done, but none of the extras. I had him bring my laptop into the bedroom so I could stay in bed and rest. I absolutely cannot go out into the rest of the house....the floors are killing me! There are tumbleweeds of dog hair all over. :shock:
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » August 22nd, 2008, 6:30 pm

Truthfully, if Chris is like Mike...you may be better off moving when your better - cause the house is going to drive you nuts! The downside of being a clean freak.
airwalk
I live here

Postby hugapitbull » August 22nd, 2008, 6:43 pm

BigDogBuford wrote: There are tumbleweeds of dog hair all over. :shock:

We call those 'puppies' :crazy2:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby BigDogBuford » August 22nd, 2008, 6:57 pm

hugapitbull wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote: There are tumbleweeds of dog hair all over. :shock:

We call those 'puppies' :crazy2:

Well, the 'puppies' are freakin' me out!
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 25th, 2008, 12:09 am

Update:

I went to my regular doctor yesterday and he thinks I'm progressing well. They extended my antibiotics a couple of extra days just to be safe. I'm off work until 9/3. I'm still reeeeeally tired and all my joints are achy and I'm sleeping a lot. I sleep as much as my body wants to because I figure I get lots of healing done during that time. Hehe.

The animals are all trying to cuddle me back to health. I woke up with four cats on me this morning. Now I'm busy treating all the irritated skin I have from all the bandage adhesives. My skin just doesn't like adhesive material being removed from it! Oh and to add insult to injury I'm now taking meds for the lovely thing that always seems to happen to women when they're on antibiotics. :rolleyes2:

All in all.....I think I'm going to live!
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » August 25th, 2008, 1:33 am

BigDogBuford wrote:Update:

I went to my regular doctor yesterday and he thinks I'm progressing well. They extended my antibiotics a couple of extra days just to be safe. I'm off work until 9/3. I'm still reeeeeally tired and all my joints are achy and I'm sleeping a lot. I sleep as much as my body wants to because I figure I get lots of healing done during that time. Hehe.

The animals are all trying to cuddle me back to health. I woke up with four cats on me this morning. Now I'm busy treating all the irritated skin I have from all the bandage adhesives. My skin just doesn't like adhesive material being removed from it! Oh and to add insult to injury I'm now taking meds for the lovely thing that always seems to happen to women when they're on antibiotics. :rolleyes2:

All in all.....I think I'm going to live!

I am glad you are getting better. You are doing the best thing and resting.
My skin is also very sensitive to adhesive tape. Now that you know, from now on ask for paper tape, even a bandaid breaks my skin out in a rash. Tell your doctor to put it on your chart. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

PreviousNext

Return to Two Legged Family Members