My Mama scared the pee out of me

Postby madremissy » March 16th, 2008, 7:54 pm

:bump: Update:
My mom needs some healing thoughts: Please
She goes back to the doctor Wednesday. This is the visit to see if her leg is healing right or she will need surgery. She said if I hear a blood curdling scream from Jacksonville, don't be alarmed. It is just her choking out the doctor. She has been in bed for the last 4 weeks. Daddy has been doing EVERYTHING. He is now the gourmet chef, nurse, shopper, maid and still has been going to the office more than usual (because of taxes due tomorrow). Anyway, she never mastered the crutches, she has a walker and still puts the wrong foot down. She is bored out of her freaking mind. :shock: Daddy will take her to the grocery store and put her on one of those scooters. The first time she got one that kept rolling backwards when she stopped and she kept having to apologize to people while Daddy was concentrating on some sort of cheese. She said she about killed him. She is having doubts that they will make it to their 51st wedding anniversary :backRoll:
Anyway, I am just trying to get some good thoughts going her way. We have our vacation to go on together in April. Every year for the last 7 years has been Me, Mama, Daddy and Travis at the lake.
Thanks for listening.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » March 17th, 2008, 4:59 am

Good thoughts to Mom!!! I would be going nuts after all that time in bed too!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby msvette2u » March 17th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Awww how sad! I hope she recovers okay after the surgery.
:shock: Poor Mama - poor YOU!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby hugapitbull » March 18th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Hope your mom has a good dr visit tomorrow. I'm sure she's tired of being helpless. Mom's aren't real good at being waited on :rolleyes2:

Good Thoughts coming your way.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » March 18th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Thanks everybody. I just talked to her and she is so nervous. I am just hoping that she can get a walking cast or something on it. Her back and whole body is starting to hurt using that walker and not being able to be active like she is used to. I think she is a little depressed also. Her highlight today was going with Daddy to pick up her Tassy from the groomers. :rolleyes2:
madremissy

Postby airwalk » March 18th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Oh I'm sure she's going nuts...do'ers have trouble being sitters. Good thoughts coming her way.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » March 18th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Thanks Diana
madremissy

Postby madremissy » March 20th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Mama is up and able to walk. Yeah. He put a splint on it and told her she could walk with walking shoes. Which means she has to wear her tennis shoes. They said that the break is healing nicely and that she needs to go to therapy. He said that they would probably show her the exercises and she could do them at home. She said great because when she goes back in two weeks it is time for us to go to the lake. Just wanted to let yall know that she is a happy Mama now. :mrgreen:

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts for her. It was very much appreciated.
madremissy

Postby CinderDee » March 20th, 2008, 6:26 pm

That's such great news, Missy!!! :mrgreen:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby airwalk » March 21st, 2008, 7:36 pm

Good news..and we all know the earth spins correctly when Mama's are happy.
airwalk
I live here

Previous

Return to Two Legged Family Members