Flickr for posting photos?

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TheRedQueen » November 10th, 2010, 10:14 am

Is there any way to use Flickr to post photos here...I've been using that site rather than photobucket lately, as the pics post to my blog much easier. But I'd a bit dense about these things, and couldn't see a topic that related...so I asked here. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » November 10th, 2010, 10:38 am

Go to your Flickr account, click the photo you want to post from your photostream (initially they show as thumbnail sized images that you can view by clicking). Once the page reloads you should see a "Share This" link above the image. Click that link and select the Grab the HTML/BBCCode. There will be a drop down to select the image size (usually just stick with the default of medium or 500). Select the BBCode radio button and copy that information into your post. No need to wrap the code with the image tags in your post as it does it for you.

IMG_7954 by yodaearlkarma, on Flickr

Note if you don't want it to include a link to your image or account (note the links right below my image), you can strip the last two lines out and only include the first set of info contained in the first URL brackets

Let me know if that made sense
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby copperlegend » November 10th, 2010, 11:38 am

Yeah, was just gonna post basically the same thing Matt did, minus the awesome shot of Kayden.

I use Flickr for my photo hosting, I like it better than photobucket.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » November 10th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Fantastic...thanks to both of you! :) I'll give it a try!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Questions / Problems