My Pit Puppy

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby princessj2417 » October 10th, 2007, 6:04 pm

I am having a really hard time with my pit bull puppy. She is constantly biting and chewing on things (which I do know is normal)...she just will not stop no matter what i do. When I correct her she just goes right back to trying to bite or chew the thing I just told her not to. I could sit there and correct her all night long and she will still just go right back to doing what she wants! And she knows what she is doing wrong because as soon as I get up to correct her she backs off...but the minute I take my eye off of her she is back to doing what shes doing. Also when I go to correct her she bites at me. I am at a loss of what to do :| Also when take her outside she ALWAYS bites her leash and once again when I try to correct her she pulls on the leash and growls. I am trying to nip this habit in the butt NOW because I have five nieces and nephews and i don't want her bite them! Any suggestions please?????
princessj2417
Just Whelped

Postby gayrghts » October 10th, 2007, 6:20 pm

On October 10 2007, 5:04 PM, princessj2417 wrote:I am having a really hard time with my pit bull puppy. She is constantly biting and chewing on things (which I do know is normal)...she just will not stop no matter what i do. When I correct her she just goes right back to trying to bite or chew the thing I just told her not to. I could sit there and correct her all night long and she will still just go right back to doing what she wants! And she knows what she is doing wrong because as soon as I get up to correct her she backs off...but the minute I take my eye off of her she is back to doing what shes doing. Also when I go to correct her she bites at me. I am at a loss of what to do :| Also when take her outside she ALWAYS bites her leash and once again when I try to correct her she pulls on the leash and growls. I am trying to nip this habit in the butt NOW because I have five nieces and nephews and i don't want her bite them! Any suggestions please?????

Tell us some more....

How old is she?
How big is she?
how long have you had her?
What is she biting on or chewing on?
Do you use a crate?

Have you tried a spray bottle....
Have you signed up for obedience classes yet?

Where are you located?

(answers can be vague, ie i don't want the street address you're located at, but city/state or what bigger city you are near)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 10th, 2007, 6:31 pm

On Wed, Oct 10 2007, 6:04 PM, princessj2417 wrote:I am having a really hard time with my pit bull puppy. She is constantly biting and chewing on things (which I do know is normal)...she just will not stop no matter what i do. When I correct her she just goes right back to trying to bite or chew the thing I just told her not to. I could sit there and correct her all night long and she will still just go right back to doing what she wants! And she knows what she is doing wrong because as soon as I get up to correct her she backs off...but the minute I take my eye off of her she is back to doing what shes doing. Also when I go to correct her she bites at me. I am at a loss of what to do :| Also when take her outside she ALWAYS bites her leash and once again when I try to correct her she pulls on the leash and growls. I am trying to nip this habit in the butt NOW because I have five nieces and nephews and i don't want her bite them! Any suggestions please?????

Welcome to the forum. Please go to the introduction area and introduce yourself. Once you are approved to post, we will be more than happy to help you with your pup! Thank you! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Questions / Problems