Sturdy Collars

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2006, 11:32 pm

pitcess wrote:thinkin about having a BBQ soon.......

who's up for some fying yankee squirrel??

It's the Canadian squirrel that's causing all the problems, not the Yankee one. Get it right! :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Sue » January 24th, 2006, 11:32 pm

I think she means the blue collar that Wally has????
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby girlie » January 24th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Canadian? Yankee? Not much diff down this way.......

SisMorphine wrote:

It's the Canadian squirrel that's causing all the problems, not the Yankee one. Get it right! :D
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 12:00 am

ME FIRST!

Do you know how awful it is to have this beautiful celtic ribbon sitting on my work table and I can't wait to make something with it.

I feel like it's taunting me! :neener:

I am stalking Joe the Mailman! He laughs at me and says "No package from Canada today!"

Check your mail - I just sent you a message.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 12:02 am

I need a 1 1/2 inch padded leather agitation collar for Ruby.

I also have a friend who needs a two inch wide leather martingale for a mastiff.

Can anyone here make them?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 12:08 am

mnp13 wrote:I need a 1 1/2 inch padded leather agitation collar for Ruby.

I also have a friend who needs a two inch wide leather martingale for a mastiff.

Can anyone here make them?

In a couple months I can.

I got a TON of gift cards for Tandy Leather for my birthday today. I've been pouring over the catalog all day picking out more tools. I love new tools :loveU:

The reason I say a couple months is that I spend time to develop the product and test them before I sell them. I beat the heck out of prototypes before I start making and selling a design to people.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 12:10 am

shoot...

we need both last week for training...

thanks though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 12:12 am

mnp13 wrote:shoot...

thanks though.

Maybe I can have you be a tester when we get the product close to finish stage?

You get to beat the heck out it and tell me what works and what doesn't and then I send you one of the design for being a guinea pit.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby girlie » January 25th, 2006, 12:14 am

Hoyden wrote: I beat the heck out of prototypes before I start making and selling a design to people.

You don't just "beat" them, if I remember correctly they were nailed to trees, and pulled by a truck............

You make me think of those commercials with the older lady and son testing out winter jackets.......damn it, what is that company?
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 12:29 am

pitcess wrote:
Hoyden wrote: I beat the heck out of prototypes before I start making and selling a design to people.

You don't just "beat" them, if I remember correctly they were nailed to trees, and pulled by a truck............

You make me think of those commercials with the older lady and son testing out winter jackets.......damn it, what is that company?

Columbia.

I am a little anal with my testing. I have polypropylene and nylon collars nailed to the fence, buried in the sand box and a new material sitting in a 5 gal. bucket of water.

I wanted to test the nylon buckles, so I zip tied the collar to a tree and then ran a rope through it and attached it to the ball hitch on Mark's truck and had him pull on it. Steady pressure didn't break it, a sudden HARD jolt did.

I let the dogs play tug with wet collars to see how much they'll stretch.

I did the same with some new D-rings and buckles. D-rings failed and have been sent back to the company.

My husband says that I am insane. But if my dogs and the Gremlin can't kill - it's darn sturdy.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2006, 1:44 am

Sue wrote:I think she means the blue collar that Wally has????

Wally has gotten more compliments on that collar than I can count!! It looks nice in the picture, but looks AWESOME in person!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 9:14 am

the one you posted with the matching leash....

michelle try http://www.bridgeportequipment.com they have awesome stuff at great prices.. and they have bite sleeves tooo.......
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 10:20 am

Hoyden wrote:

thanks though.

You get to beat the heck out it and tell me what works and what doesn't and then I send you one of the design for being a guinea pit.

that sounds good. We have a 185 pound mastiff that does protection work... I think he can do some testing for you!

We have a bunch of other large dogs as well. And I am a very creative and resourceful person... I'll torture your collars for you! I'll even keep notes! Can I wear a white lab coat and carry a clip board? ooooooo that would be COOL!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 11:51 am

mnp13 wrote:
Hoyden wrote:

thanks though.

that sounds good. We have a 185 pound mastiff that does protection work... I think he can do some testing for you!

We have a bunch of other large dogs as well. And I am a very creative and resourceful person... I'll torture your collars for you! I'll even keep notes! Can I wear a white lab coat and carry a clip board? ooooooo that would be COOL!

:helloClap: YAY! A partner in insanity.

The handler of the K-9 officer that was doing some of my collar thrashing was just injured so he can't beat on collars for awhile.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 12:38 pm

hmmmm...

now you have me thinking...

I have this really cool tool that is used to thread black pipe (used for gas lines in houses). It's a huge thing on a tri-pod and it creates serious torque. I bet I could torture a few collars with that.

I'm gonna have to find some nerd galsses to go with my lab coat...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Maryellen wrote:the one you posted with the matching leash....

michelle try http://www.bridgeportequipment.com they have awesome stuff at great prices.. and they have bite sleeves tooo.......

I have to check how much of the blue fabric I have left when I get home tonight.

I'll PM you then.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jaime » January 25th, 2006, 2:59 pm

noal can you pm me the link to your collars again? i waznna buy a few for my crew :)
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » January 25th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Sue wrote:She needs variety, every pretty pittie needs variety!!!

In purple AND in pink! The Blocky's have been controversial as of late....not as fashionable as some! I also love Noel's collars- Satin had a pretty red and white mint one for Christmas and now she wears a light pink leopard design with black webbing in the limited slip style. She loves it and we have gotten a bunch of compliments on them!!
I'm addicted now....I love the purple celtic!!!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Jaime wrote:noal can you pm me the link to your collars again? i waznna buy a few for my crew :)

http://petes-dog-gear.livejournal.com/

I still have to add the latest. Should be able to do that in a few days

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 6:46 pm

I need a red martingale collar, no clip, slide over the head 1.5 inch preferred, silver hardware, possibly a matching leash that is 1 inch wide

got any?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace