Hoyden's Collars

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby Magnolia618 » May 3rd, 2006, 5:09 pm

11 inches. So the collar should be what, 12, 13 inches?
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2006, 5:55 pm

I am soo placing an order in a few weeks. Now to decide who gets what........
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » May 4th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Here are Connor's collars:

Ruby's collar

Riggs' collars

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » May 4th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Yeah - Connor's new collar came!! Does Demo like it and does it match his pulling harness?

It looks tight on him, does he need another grommet in it? If so - I'll bring my hole punch and anvil to the June show in Enfield.

I :heartbeat: my baby anvil. :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » May 4th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Magnolia618 wrote:11 inches. So the collar should be what, 12, 13 inches?

It would depend on what style collar you pick for him. Do you want a flat collar that has the D-ring at the back or a martingale with a bucke?

I can make a M-gale with Buckle that small but it is a TOTAL PITA to do and I can't double stitch the loop at the back because the loop is so darn small.

I can make him a 1" wide leather collar with pyramid rivets - a collar like this, but smaller: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/PetesDogGear/Collars/2%20in%20Collars/2inPyramid1.jpg
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 5th, 2006, 8:01 am

Does Riggs have a really short neck or is he slouching in those pics? :wink:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » May 5th, 2006, 9:13 am

Here are some of Wally's Hoyden specials (all are martingales)

Winter Collar

Christmas Collar

Will post more when I get home.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » May 5th, 2006, 10:04 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Does Riggs have a really short neck or is he slouching in those pics? :wink:

He's in a down so he looks like he has no neck. I didn't notice until after I took the pictures and then was too lazy to go back and re take them all.

Here's proof!
Last edited by mnp13 on May 8th, 2006, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » May 7th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Great pics of all the collars. They are so beautiful.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 8th, 2006, 11:58 am

Any luck with that purple webbing?? :D
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » May 8th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Did you get my PM Hoyden? The one about the prices...
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 8th, 2006, 4:22 pm

I finally sent you an email today. :rolleyes2: Let me know if you got it.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » May 8th, 2006, 4:34 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:Any luck with that purple webbing?? :D

I have enough 2" purple webbing in stock.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 8th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Cool, let me know how much the pink and purple bling collar is :)
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 8th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Hoyden, what sort of sewing machine do you have? I made a couple of collars for my dogs, and I had a real heck of a time getting close to the buckle because the presserfoot kept getting in the way. Do you use a zipper presserfoot, which is thinner? I thought of that after the fact, but have not made any since those two. The cost of the buckles, webbing and such made it not worth the effort! :rolleyes2:

Also, should I PM you to get prices? I would like to buy a collar for Tess.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 8th, 2006, 8:55 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Hoyden, what sort of sewing machine do you have? I made a couple of collars for my dogs, and I had a real heck of a time getting close to the buckle because the presserfoot kept getting in the way. Do you use a zipper presserfoot, which is thinner? I thought of that after the fact, but have not made any since those two. The cost of the buckles, webbing and such made it not worth the effort! :rolleyes2:

Also, should I PM you to get prices? I would like to buy a collar for Tess.

I have a heavy duty Husquvarna Viking sewing machine, it even sews leather!! I use a special foot for getting close to the buckles. The zipper foot doesn't keep the tension tight enough to pull the thread through tightly.

Go the the beginning of the thread, look through the styles, then the through the widths and then pick a ribbon and PM me what you're looking for and I'll give you a price on it.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 9th, 2006, 8:33 am

Cool!

I just got a Domestic model, late forties or early fifties. It came with a whole bag of presserfeet (foots?), maybe it has something like that. My normal machine is a 1960ish Singer that was my mom's in college-I would not buy a new machine at this point, all plastic. I AM looking for a nice leather machine, I want to try upholstery. If you ever run across an old one, keep me in mind!

Now I get to pick out colors :elephant:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 10th, 2006, 10:16 am

You know what Hoyden, maybe instead of dying the leather we could stick with the purple and pink webbing and do something like what Shiva and it also looks like Riggs is wearing with the diamond rivets. That would also look cool. It looks like Shiva and Riggs have black and red, maybe we could just do the same flat collar except with purple and pink? Yah, don't worry about dying the leather. What do you think of that? Is that possible?
Last edited by SpiritFngrz on May 11th, 2006, 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Hoyden » May 10th, 2006, 11:12 am

SpiritFngrz wrote:You know what Noel, maybe instead of dying the leather we could stick with the purple and pink webbing and do something like what Shiva and it also looks like Riggs is wearing with the diamond rivets. That would also look cool. It looks like Shiva and Riggs have black and red, maybe we could just do the same flat collar except with purple and pink? Yah, don't worry about dying the leather. What do you think of that? Is that possible?

Yep it is. Dying leather isn't very hard at all though if you want to go that route.

I'll see if I can find some more girly conchos for the webbing.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 11th, 2006, 11:15 am

Cool- yah that would be good. I think the silver rivets would look sharp
SpiritFngrz
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace