now entering the ring....

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Karen wrote:Know what? That was always my answer too. Know what happened? His co owner (not my idea long story off topic old history) and breeder started booking dates for the freakazoid. She had to use her own dog to fill the quota. So been there done that won't do it again. Nothing with balls and 4 legs in this house again. Co owns either for that matter.

Ok.

First. He is not co-owned. I've had him for all of five days, and if I decide he's not a good fit for me he will be going back to Chris. If I decide to keep him, he is mine.

Second. I did the co-ownership thing with Ruby. (well, breeding contract, but it's the same principle) That arrangement nearly cost her her life. I own my pets or I don't own my pets. I don't share that with anyone.

And FINALLY. This discussion, as it pertains to me and Riggs, is really quite pointless. If I were ever to decide to breed him it would be after he is titled in protection, weight pull, obedience and conformation. Then there would be all necessary health tests. Then there would be finding a female that had met all of the same criteria as I set for Riggs in addition to her being the right match in temperament and physical attributes. That's not happening any time soon.

So let's drop it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » March 5th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Back to stacking.

Alstons approach doesn't use bait. It really is better if you don't. Reward them after they exit the ring.

You can teach the stack in front of a mirror to see what the judge sees. If he understands stay in every sense of the word you can stack him.

I keep the leads taught and stack him with one hand. First the front then the back then check to make sure the front didn't move. I then kneel next to him and hold his head in the right position. Which is with the bottom of the jaw parralel to the ground.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 5th, 2006, 6:51 pm

odnarb wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:I find it kind of funny that a couple of years ago, a certain snotty teenager aquired several APBT puppies & an adult that remain unaltered ( the ones she has not dumped back on her breeder anyway). When the question of HER breeding these dogs ( which I still believe she will be doing) Aimee jumped to her defense, now that Michelle has an unaltered dog the tables have turned & she is being quesioned about her intent. WTF is that all about? :|

I was wrong. I thought that girl had potential. And, I think she did. But, she fell in with a bad crowd of rednose puppy peddlers.

What can you do? :|

Fell in my ASS!! She started OUT with them, all of her intact dogs but Deegan ( IF she still has him) are from the same kennel. She knew what she was doing ( and going to do ) when she bought the first one.

NOW, back to stacking. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby k » March 12th, 2006, 10:31 am

yum!
damn, those tacoma dogs are big though...

odnarb wrote:A Tacoma/Sierra cross seems extremely peculiar to me....

i've always thought so too, although in this case while the dogs were all a tad overdone IMO, it wasn't a bad breeding structurally...

odnarb wrote:I personally love the Tacoma dogs, and would like to see them return in all their former glory. When that happens, I'll be standing in line for a dog.

get behind me!
k
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 11:12 am

Romanwild wrote:Back to stacking.
You can teach the stack in front of a mirror to see what the judge sees. If he understands stay in every sense of the word you can stack him.

I agree :P
The mirror helps a lot with both stacking and gaiting if you can find a place that has full wall mirrors to practice it is a HUGE help
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Conformation