Dock Diving Information from Splash Dogs

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Marinepits » October 18th, 2006, 9:19 am

Check out the website for tons of information: http://www.splashdogs.com/

About Splash Dogs
The idea for Splash Dogs came in the summer of 2003, while watching the Great Outdoor Games Big Air competition on ESPN with my black lab Sierra at my side. Sierra is my 1 1/2 year old black Lab who is full of energy and loves the water. I would take Sierra to the boat docks and she would entertain the crowd by leaping off the docks. I had no idea there was a competition.

I immediately went surfing, with Sierra closely monitoring my every move, on the internet to research the sport of dock jumping. I was pleased to find out there were a couple of upcoming events on the Northern California area. The Incredible Dog Challenge in San Francisco in 2003 and then the Western Regional Qualifying for the 2003 Great Outdoor Games in Reno, NV. Sierra and I were stoked about the events. I had a blast and Sierra had a blast. After the events we disappointed that there were no upcoming events scheduled. Sierra demanded more events.

I was not happy about the lack of events on the West Coast, so the idea for Splash Dogs was born. I was interested in the dock jumping competitions and wanted to bring the events to the West Coast. Splash Dogs was off to a leap.

Splash Dogs had its first event at Olive Hill Kennels in Knights Landing, CA in December 2003; and 2 events in 2004 in San Mateo and Sacramento at the International Sportsmen's Expo Hunting and Fishing Expo.

Splash Dogs is a dog enthusiast company that organizes and promotes dock jumping competitions in the Western United States.

Upcoming events:

Splash Dogs Cynosports World Dock Jumping Championships
Scottsdale, AZ - November 1-5, 2006

Super Retriever Series
Union City, Tennessee
November 1-5, 2006

America's Family Pet Expo
Novi, MI
November 17-19, 2006

Splash Dogs San Diego Boat Show Challenge
San Diego Convention Center
January 4-7, 2007

International Sportmen's Expo 2007
San Mateo, CA
January 11-14, 2007

International Sportmen's Expo 2007
Sacramento, CA
January 18-21, 2007

Super Retriever Series
Louisburg, North Carolina
March 21 - 24, 2007

Super Retriever Series
Shelbyville, Kentucky
May 10 - 13, 2007

Super Retriever Series
Hot Springs, Arkansas
June 4 - 7, 2007

Super Retriever Series Crown Championship
Hot Springs, Arkansas
June 9-10, 2007
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » October 18th, 2006, 10:16 am

I wish they would hold an event like that around here. I would LOVE to go.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » October 18th, 2006, 10:19 am

Yeah, same for me. I joined their forum and found some info about local clubs.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Sports