Cuda's sessions this weekend. Video (Dial-Up Beware)

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Cuda » June 1st, 2006, 2:29 pm

This weekend we headed out to the Grantville, PA show. While i was there we did a bunch of training.

Now any of you who were at Chris's K9 problem solving seminar KNOW how CRAZY Cuda got around the sleeve.

Well he's finally starting to catch the drift. It took a few real serious corrections but they are sinking into his BIG head. Now before i get a bunch of crap about giving the dog corrections. As i stated in the video 97% of his obedience work was done without correction. And anyone whos seen my dog work can attest to the fact that he's very happy and un-stressed during his normal obedience.

If anyone has any comments or advice im always open for suggestions and critique.

Soooo without further babbling by me. Heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW4AkmZhFsI

PS The file is pretty big so please allow it to load. I tried a whole CRAPLOAD of different compression codecs but with as much color and movement as there is i really cant compress it anymore without losing all detail. Even the text gets screwed upon further compression.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby lluksa » June 1st, 2006, 6:50 pm

Hey, I met you at the show on Saturday! Your Cuda is a handsome boy!
I was there with my daughter and this little girl...we spoke briefly about her...
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 1st, 2006, 6:57 pm

Cuda looks GREAT -- good job on the training!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pocketpit » June 1st, 2006, 7:11 pm

I don't know you or Cuda but I didn't feel that your corrections were at all inappropriate. He handled them well and was pretty darn happy most of the time. Keep up your good work. :thumbsup:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 1st, 2006, 7:15 pm

I do believe I heard "no" a few times. And did I even hear the dreaded "ehhhh" once in there? :wink:

He's doing so well!! What a big step from his first day at the weekend seminar! You're doing very well. I love that big blue mushball!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby kymn25 » June 1st, 2006, 7:27 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I love that big blue mushball!!

Me two. Stunning Dog
:love:
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » June 1st, 2006, 10:59 pm

Wow! Big improvement on Cuda's control around the bite sleeves.

I noticed that you are passing the leash around your waist instead of do-se-doing it over/around your head the way you were at the beginning of the seminar. :clap:

And I didn't hear the Ehhh! like Sis, but I did hear the NO! (Arm a little kid with a squirt gun - NO! will vanish from your vocabulary real quick, worked for me!)
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Malli » June 2nd, 2006, 3:13 am

you've done a pretty darn good job on getting him to focus on you :thumbsup:

He SO wants that sleeve!

lovely dog.
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Romanwild » June 2nd, 2006, 7:18 am

Nice work! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 2nd, 2006, 8:28 am

i have to say, i am quite impressed with his eye contact, the way he is behaving, and how great you are doing with him!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 2nd, 2006, 9:18 am

What a handsome big boy he is! I also heard the "eh" sound - my girl has to get so sick of hearing that! I enjoyed watching Cuda make token lunges at the sleeves when you were doing the stay/recalls. And when he tripped over one near the end - very cute! It looks like you're doing a great job with him.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Chris Fraize » June 2nd, 2006, 9:30 am

Looks much better! Congrats!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » June 3rd, 2006, 6:37 pm

Way to choke the s!@# out of your dog! :clap: A classic sign of some really excellent training. :wink:
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 3rd, 2006, 7:10 pm

Blitzkrieg Staffords wrote:Way to choke the s!@# out of your dog! :clap: A classic sign of some really excellent training. :wink:

I thought you left.......... :|

Great video!! Cuda looks like he is loving it!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 3rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

He looks like he is doing great!
:clap: Good for you both!

Holy cow he is HUGE! I knew he was big, but you can really see it in the video

Keep up the good work. Do you plan on competing?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » June 3rd, 2006, 11:01 pm

He's getting so much better!!!!I'm so happy for you guys! :clap:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Miakoda » June 4th, 2006, 12:03 am

Wow! :shock: He's a beast! How big is he?
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Cuda » June 5th, 2006, 10:57 am

lluksa wrote:Hey, I met you at the show on Saturday! Your Cuda is a handsome boy!
I was there with my daughter and this little girl...we spoke briefly about her...

Hey it was great meeting you and that little pocch was damn adorable. I SOOO want a little pup after having my BEAST.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » June 5th, 2006, 11:02 am

Blitzkrieg Staffords wrote:Way to choke the s!@# out of your dog! :clap: A classic sign of some really excellent training. :wink:

Oh look, a classic sign of a forum troll.

I though you left and were never coming back?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » June 5th, 2006, 11:13 am

mnp13 wrote:

Oh look, a classic sign of a forum troll.

I though you left and were never coming back?

Don't you LOVE it when people post these drama queen, leaving in a huff, stomp, stomp, stomp posts.............then come back. Bwahahahaha!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Sports