LOL

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby ellie@ny » July 12th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 12th, 2008, 1:43 pm

He sounds like a rabid gremlin!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » July 12th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Boy howdy, does he seem pissed. lol
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » July 12th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Is that a standard training technique? :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » July 12th, 2008, 2:44 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:He sounds like a rabid gremlin!

lmao
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » July 12th, 2008, 3:16 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:He sounds like a rabid gremlin!

:D Well my trainer calls him Midget... :giggle:
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 12th, 2008, 4:15 pm

LMAO I love that Staffie bark!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pocketpit » July 13th, 2008, 2:37 am

I love that Staffie bark!

Ditto!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » July 13th, 2008, 2:48 am

omg do they all do that? :lol3:

so, I see the tail wag..... its a game? Or what? Is he actually at a stage where he'd bite the guy?
And, I assume you gave him a command, at some point?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » July 13th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Malli wrote:omg do they all do that? :lol3:

so, I see the tail wag..... its a game? Or what? Is he actually at a stage where he'd bite the guy?
And, I assume you gave him a command, at some point?

Hi Malli,sorry I was busy today. :)
The table training is just a piece in his training,we had to bring back his confidence,cause he was on a long break.And him being in the same level with the decoy,it helped a lot.
That was the main reason,but it also teaches the dog to bark at the decoy,he can actually "move" the decoy with his barking.Helps him to learn to defend himself also.Also to learn the command/I speak hungarian with him which you can hear in the video,but maybe not understand :) /.
So when he'll be ready to move forward in his training,he'll know many things already,and yes we do use rugs&tugs,but none of us had the right one for him yesterday/it was my fault/,so that's why he didn't get a grip,we were just teasing him.And when the trainer gave him the tug/which I didn't want to use with the dog/,he had to guard it.
I believe he's actually done with the table,cause we were not using it today either.
But you can see his tail is wagging all the time he's not scared.
Well that's it,this method actually has a name after a trainer,which I can't remember right now... :)

ETA: And you can't use this with every dog,cause you don't want to create a fear biter...You have to know the dog,before you do anything with them. :wink: IMO
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » July 13th, 2008, 3:07 pm

thats pretty well what I thought ;)

What teaches Milo the destinction between this and, say, if a child were to decide to take one of his toys away from him? Honestly just asking, I'm sure there is some method to it, but I can't think of it, so thought I'd ask :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » July 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Malli wrote:thats pretty well what I thought ;)

What teaches Milo the destinction between this and, say, if a child were to decide to take one of his toys away from him? Honestly just asking, I'm sure there is some method to it, but I can't think of it, so thought I'd ask :)

It's pretty simple actually,he's only,and only gets the tug at training from the decoy.That's their game.
I'm not allowed to play with him at home with tugs,cause then he won't be as much interested in it at training... :| This is actually proven... :rolleyes2: But we learn from it... :)
Toys-food comes from ME,if ANY of my dogs would be aggressive towards to me or anyone/friends-family/ who wants to take it from them,there would be a punishment for that.
BUT cause I train the out from 8 weeks old,and they eat from my hand,they're not,and I never-ever had a problem.
But frankly I would never allow anyone stranger to play with my dogs.
It's either me,my BF,or the decoy.
Play time is something special to them,and I like to keep it that way. :wink:

ETA And kids,I have to know the child as well,if it can play nice,then they can play with the dogs.
If it's a naughty kid,well he can play with his friends then.
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 13th, 2008, 8:33 pm

He's very cute! He makes me want to get a staffy...but I know I'd want to strangle it during flyball! (just like all of the others!)

I tied Xander to a pole and teased him with the tug to build tug drive...vaguely similar. :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ellie@ny » July 13th, 2008, 8:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:He's very cute! He makes me want to get a staffy...but I know I'd want to strangle it during flyball! (just like all of the others!)

I tied Xander to a pole and teased him with the tug to build tug drive...vaguely similar. :|

YEP!
But because I don't have enough experience in this sport,I just leave it to the decoy... :rolleyes2: :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » July 14th, 2008, 4:54 am

ok, I get it, drive is built through frustration?

I wasn't thinking of a stranger, really. Just trying to understand the ins and outs. Although the behavior looks simillar, the wagging tail tells me that this is different then possessive aggression or resource guarding? :|
Or is this getting a bit deeper then you know at this point? Sorry, just interested :P

Anyway, it does look like he was having a good game of keepaway with the decoy!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2008, 11:10 am

Malli wrote:Or is this getting a bit deeper then you know at this point? Sorry, just interested :P

I find it very interesting as well. I've never seen the beginning training of bitework with a pup.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 14th, 2008, 9:28 pm

I love that lil guy!!! :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Sports