weight pull harness

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » April 14th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Riggs' and Connor's harnesses just arrived. We got them from Missy at Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment http://www.alaskandream.org (one of the sponsors of the Bull-ympics)

They look great and are well put together. I have not used them yet, but Riggs evidently knows what a pull harness looks like because he was dancing all over the place when I tried it on him.

I'll be testing it out this weekend. I'll have little kids for him to haul in the wagon! Of course I'd be surprised if all three neices together weigh 100 pounds, so it's not going to be much work for him!

Pictures to come.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » April 16th, 2006, 12:26 am

I got to meet those people at the IWPA Nationals last year, if they're who I'm thinking of. Nice people.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » April 16th, 2006, 9:13 am

I got Hopscotch's harness from her! She is great to work with!
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 16th, 2006, 9:48 am

mnp13 wrote:Riggs' and Connor's harnesses just arrived. We got them from Missy at Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment http://www.alaskandream.org (one of the sponsors of the Bull-ympics)

They look great and are well put together. I have not used them yet, but Riggs evidently knows what a pull harness looks like because he was dancing all over the place when I tried it on him.

I'll be testing it out this weekend. I'll have little kids for him to haul in the wagon! Of course I'd be surprised if all three neices together weigh 100 pounds, so it's not going to be much work for him!

Pictures to come.

Make sure you get pictures
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2006, 3:49 pm

We pulled both boys this weekend. On Friday we hooked a leash up to Riggs' harness and let him pull my dad down the street. Don't do that, it cut his pads :oops: He didn't show any signs of it (of course) so we only knew it happened when he was bleeding on the kitchen floor.

Saturday we found a sled and pulled on the grass

Connor will pull his legs off for Demo, but Riggs doesn't really want to pull for me right now. He'll pull for food, so we're starting with that and then we're going to wean him off of that once he really gets going.

It's a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the trial in two weeks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » April 18th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Nice harnesses :)

oh and ready made sled too! :lol3:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hoyden » April 18th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Connor looks like he's having so much fun!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Marinepits » April 18th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Wow! Great pics -- those harnesses are fabulous!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 18th, 2006, 5:03 pm

very nice! love the pics :D

i really want to get eli a harness, maybe i'll be able to buy him one this summer
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 18th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Looks like they had a blast
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 18th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Great pics! Those harnesses do look very nice.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Hey, Missy sells a great little sled, too...wanna see?
Purple
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » April 18th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Great pics! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Purple wrote:Hey, Missy sells a great little sled, too...wanna see?

Is something wrong with my bright green sled? :squint:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 9:34 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Purple wrote:Hey, Missy sells a great little sled, too...wanna see?

Is something wrong with my bright green sled? :squint:

Nope, nothing at all, very professional looking! :D

Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2006, 9:39 pm

oh please... who needs welded tubular steel, a pole for free weights and heavy gauge chains?

I am perfictly happy with my plastic sled, plastic twine, old broken leash clip and broken cinder block.

it's called white trash weight pull. :D
Last edited by mnp13 on April 18th, 2006, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 9:41 pm

:ROFL2:
Purple
I live here

Postby concreterose » April 24th, 2006, 9:07 am

Nice harnesses!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Miakoda » April 24th, 2006, 11:58 am

it's called white trash weight pull.

Uh-hmmmm......a call for political correctness. It's CALLED redneck weight pull :D That's how most do it down here in the south...& there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

LOL. For conditioning purposes, we also have 2 dogs that aren't afraid of the 4-wheeler & we will hook them up in front of it (singly of course....wait a second, is "singly" a word? :| ) & let them "pull" on dirt roads & such. They love it.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » April 24th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Hey, I just noticed that the pic of Missy's Dyna on her site was taken by yours truly!!! Cool!
Purple
I live here

Next

Return to Sports