Fetch n' Fly flyball tournament?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 25th, 2008, 9:36 am

Our team just noticed that Fetch n' Fly is having a tournament this summer...and I think there are some FnF team members on here (sorry, I forget who's on what team).

We're definitely thinking of attending...as our other choice that month is to go south to VA...to a limited tournament.

So...we should be coming to NY this summer...to meet some of you! :mrgreen:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » March 25th, 2008, 9:43 am

Not sure Earl will be ready for the tourney but we are working him hard so we will see.

If not I plan on attending to watch and cheer everyone on so I will probably see you there :wink:
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » March 25th, 2008, 10:55 am

On March 25 2008, 8:43 AM, maberi wrote:Not sure Earl will be ready for the tourney but we are working him hard so we will see.

If not I plan on attending to watch and cheer everyone on so I will probably see you there :wink:

Cool! Earl will be there, regardless, right?

I'm hoping Score will be warming up at least...but the other non-retired Aussies will be running. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » March 25th, 2008, 11:09 am

We will see

Either way I will be there waving hot dogs at your team trying to distract them :twisted:

On March 25 2008, TheRedQueen wrote:
On March 25 2008, 8:43 AM, maberi wrote:Not sure Earl will be ready for the tourney but we are working him hard so we will see.

Cool! Earl will be there, regardless, right?

I'm hoping Score will be warming up at least...but the other non-retired Aussies will be running. :)
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 26th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Yay! Layla is in the same boat as Earl, maybe yes maybe no...but I'll be there! That's so exciting!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2008, 3:06 pm

It's in August. Riggs might run, but I seriously doubt it. :|

I'll be taking pictures.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 26th, 2008, 3:09 pm

That's almost enough for PBT team.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2008, 3:11 pm

On March 26 2008, 15:09, LaylaWoobie wrote:That's almost enough for PBT team.

lol

or not.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 26th, 2008, 3:14 pm

On March 26 2008, 2:11 PM, mnp13 wrote:
On March 26 2008, 15:09, LaylaWoobie wrote:That's almost enough for PBT team.

lol

or not.

I didn't say they'd be good... :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 27th, 2008, 5:51 am

Run Open, and Score can run with them...that's enough for a team. We don't care if we finish or not. 8)

How cool would that be?

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 27th, 2008, 8:24 am

If we can erect some sort of glass tunnel so Inara can't go after other dogs, she can run! She's fast and knows what to do! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2008, 9:44 am

On March 27 2008, 05:51, TheRedQueen wrote:Run Open, and Score can run with them...that's enough for a team. We don't care if we finish or not. 8)

How cool would that be?

finish? does Riggs eating a dog count as finishing? lol

Actually, we're pretty sure he can run last as he will only pass a dog on his way to the ball. Our biggest problem is going to be where the other teams dogs are in the next lanes.

I've heard of teams that put plexiglass between the runs to teach dogs not to cross over. I'm thinking a hot wire for a few weeks might do the trick.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 27th, 2008, 11:39 am

On March 27 2008, 8:44 AM, mnp13 wrote:
On March 27 2008, 05:51, TheRedQueen wrote:Run Open, and Score can run with them...that's enough for a team. We don't care if we finish or not. 8)

How cool would that be?

finish? does Riggs eating a dog count as finishing? lol

Actually, we're pretty sure he can run last as he will only pass a dog on his way to the ball. Our biggest problem is going to be where the other teams dogs are in the next lanes.

I've heard of teams that put plexiglass between the runs to teach dogs not to cross over. I'm thinking a hot wire for a few weeks might do the trick.

So someone runs the risk of getting eaten...is that REALLY a big deal?

I'm sure someone has some plexiglass around here ... :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2008, 11:47 am

Plexiglass isn't going to get the point across with that boy... I kinda doubt the hot wire will work either. I'm very fortunate that we have someone who will let Riggs try a pass with him - Bonnie said she'd do it, but Riggs hasn't been at practice in a while because of him being sick. I'm not sure how we're going to test him running in a lane next to another dog.

If I get a FD on him it will be as big a deal as a CDX.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 27th, 2008, 11:52 am

On March 27 2008, 10:47 AM, mnp13 wrote:Plexiglass isn't going to get the point across with that boy... I kinda doubt the hot wire will work either. I'm very fortunate that we have someone who will let Riggs try a pass with him - Bonnie said she'd do it, but Riggs hasn't been at practice in a while because of him being sick. I'm not sure how we're going to test him running in a lane next to another dog.

If I get a FD on him it will be as big a deal as a CDX.

We started doing two lanes at practice because of the Batavia tournament coming up soon, so if he starts to feel better you should bring him over. Bonnie is there a lot of nights with Colby and Libby because we have agility right before on Thursdays and she usually stays for flyball.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2008, 12:03 pm

now he hasn't pooped in two days... I'm not sure which is worse. if it's not one thing with this dog it's another... he's lucky I like him or I'd be shipping him off to the gypsies! I hope they have room for two dogs!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » March 28th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Ok Michelle, we need you to get Riggs back into fightin shape so he can get back to flyball practice

Layla is getting pretty fast and was outrunning a lot of the pros last night

We need another fast dog for the anchor :wink:
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 28th, 2008, 1:16 pm

On March 28 2008, 12:13 PM, maberi wrote:Ok Michelle, we need you to get Riggs back into fightin shape so he can get back to flyball practice

Thanks...Earl was looking good too! I was boxloading and he got it every time :mrgreen:

Seriously Michelle, get this dog better and bring him to play! Everyone misbehaves, he won't even look like a jerk around everyone else...
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » March 28th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Agreed

Kay had to warn Kendell's boyfriend (Andrew I think?, sorry i'm horrible with names) that Molly a border collie was eyeing Layla on the runs and that Molly may step into a fight she can't finish :backRoll:

On March 28 2008, LaylaWoobie wrote:
On March 28 2008, 12:13 PM, maberi wrote:Ok Michelle, we need you to get Riggs back into fightin shape so he can get back to flyball practice

Thanks...Earl was looking good too! I was boxloading and he got it every time :mrgreen:

Seriously Michelle, get this dog better and bring him to play! Everyone misbehaves, he won't even look like a jerk around everyone else...
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 28th, 2008, 1:28 pm

On March 28 2008, 12:26 PM, maberi wrote:Agreed

Kay had to warn Kendell's boyfriend (Andrew I think?, sorry i'm horrible with names) that Molly a border collie was eyeing Layla on the runs and that Molly may step into a fight she can't finish :backRoll:

On March 28 2008, LaylaWoobie wrote:

Yup it's Andrew. I was talking to Kay and Mandy about Molly...Mandy warned me about Molly and to watch her with Layla. Layla is good with other dogs as long as they don't attack her...but I can't see her being please about Molly charging into her.

Layla could totally take her though... :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Next

Return to Sports