Team Blabador Goes Dock Diving

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby blabsforbullies » March 24th, 2008, 8:35 am

We just got back from a trip to Michigan to attend a dock diving competition and visit our puppy, Abraham's paternal side of the dog family. WOW! What a great weekend we had! All 3 of our dogs had indoor personal bests.... Colby with a 23'8", Parker with a 20'11" (not to shabby for a dog that is vision impaired, eh?), and Abraham with a 10'5"!!

Colby doin' his thang: :dogRun:

Parker getting some HUGE air! :helloClap:

And Abraham showing off his muscles... :wink3:

Another HUGE thrill for me was getting to meet Abraham's Dad, Kody. What a gorgeous boy he is! And his owners were nice enough to let me play with him on the dock too! We didn't do too bad... got a 24'7" (his best for the weekend was over 25'). He is an AMAZING jumper and just qualified for the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge (IDC) finals to be taped for TV in October. Here is one of us in action. :highfive:

And then of course, we had to have some fetching time with the fam later on. Here is one of his family from left to right: Piper, Elvis, Lisa, Kody, and Abraham on the right. :purpleBanana:

And a funny one.... they look so evil... an evil, vicious pack of ball obsessed Labs! :giggle:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby maberi » March 24th, 2008, 8:37 am

Wow, those dogs can get up there!!

Nice to see some Labs taking charge for a change :wink:
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby ellie@ny » March 24th, 2008, 9:46 am

Awesome pictures!And congrats!
Do you know anyone in NY Long island,who's training in dock diving?
I would be interested a lot!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » March 24th, 2008, 10:02 am

On March 24 2008, 8:46 AM, ellie@ny wrote:Awesome pictures!And congrats!
Do you know anyone in NY Long island,who's training in dock diving?
I would be interested a lot!

Thank you! We had a blast, and you will too if you can get involved!!! :mrgreen:

Actually, yes I do! :bounce: Unfortunately, I don't know EXACTLY how to get you in touch with the people in charge. :| BUT.....

I would suggest going to http://www.ultimateairdogs.net and clicking/joining the forum. There is a person with the screen name of ROCK that might have some info for you if you either post a question or send her a PM. You can tell her I sent you (Alisa with Team Blabador). :helloClap:

Feel free to PM me too if you have other questions... I am a few posts shy of having that privilege :wink: , otherwise I would send you one with this info! :thumbsup:

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby maberi » March 24th, 2008, 10:08 am

I'll have to check out that forum as well to see if there is ever anything close to WNY
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby blabsforbullies » March 24th, 2008, 10:11 am

And like I mentioned, feel free to PM me and I can help you get started too. :highfive:

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby ellie@ny » March 24th, 2008, 10:20 am

Thank you so much for the website!
I just registered,and when I get approved,I'll ask the person you mentioned!
I just saw in the events a June Long Island show!!!!
I'm sooo gonna be there to learn!!!!
Thank you again!!!! :greenWave:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 24th, 2008, 10:48 am

That looks like so much fun!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » March 24th, 2008, 11:12 am

Very cool! They are incredible athletes! :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » March 24th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Those are great photos. The one will all the Labs outside just melts my heart.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » March 24th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Wonderful pictures, and good job. :clap:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » March 24th, 2008, 10:34 pm

:bounce: :clap:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby airwalk » March 24th, 2008, 10:45 pm

I love your pictures, unfortunately I have a very old lab that hates, hates, hates water ...a Mastiff that thinks he'll melt if he gets wet, a Dobie that feels just about the same way...oh there is the Pinheaded Poodle he doesn't mind being wet at all.
airwalk
I live here

Postby blabsforbullies » March 25th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Thanks everyone! :purpleBanana: We have a lot of fun, and that is what it is really about. :beerChug:
The dogs keep in shape :dogRun:, I keep our bank account thinned out :dollar: ... its all good! :band:

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 26th, 2008, 3:13 pm

:shock: flying dogs!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 26th, 2008, 3:23 pm

:lol3: Pooh Bear looks like he was shot out of a cannon, LOL! What a great pic!

btw I STILL think Abe has some bully in him somewhere. That boy is JACKED. :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » March 26th, 2008, 3:39 pm

That looks like FUN!!! :wink:

If Beast was just the sociable kind... he loves-loves-loves diving in the water... he is also a heck of a splashy swimmer... lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby blabsforbullies » March 26th, 2008, 6:18 pm

On March 26 2008, 2:23 PM, Marinepits wrote::lol3: Pooh Bear looks like he was shot out of a cannon, LOL! What a great pic!

btw I STILL think Abe has some bully in him somewhere. That boy is JACKED. :shock:

Pooh Bear, aka Parker, is pretty funny the way he gets up so high. :shock: He has severe crossed eyes, and the ophthalmologist is surprised he can ever walk around, let alone dock dive. :confused: He jumps WAY early from the edge of the dock (most of the time 4-6 feet) and WAY UP HIGH to compensate :bounce: (and still jumps around 19-21 feet...his best is 22'2"). But, he is the one that started doing this on his own... no training involved there. So, I know he is doing it for the pure joy of it. He has a perma-grin on his face the whole time. :clap:

Colby is all business. :squint: He has gotten quite the set of muscles on him too. :ogen: But, unlike Pooh, he almost thrives on competition. Don't get me wrong... this is DEFINITELY what Colby wants to do with the rest of his life. He loves, loves, loves it, but man... is that dog like a switch! At home, we have a peaceful, quite, non-barking, sweet Colby :angel2: .... and at events... wild, crazy, high pitched squeals of joy, and I can't sit still Colby comes out. :twisted:

And Abraham & Eggs... he is going to be a force to be reckoned with. :grind: His pictures do not do him justice... he is a BUFF, BUFF dude.... :rock:
This is his Christmas photo... just sitting there, flexing....

And Ham & Eggs at the dog park....

And I just love this photo... this is the back of my husband, who is about 6 feet tall (so his hand has to be at least 7 feet or more in the air), and Abe trying to get the tennis ball. He jumped that high from a stand still :shock: ....

I bet Mick the Beast would love it too. :heartbeat: I like splashy swimmers! There are quite a few of the bully breeds that do this. I wish Mick could try! 8)

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby amazincc » March 26th, 2008, 6:32 pm

They are GORGEOUS!!! Look at the muscles on that boy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » March 26th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Oh My God....I love them!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!