Skijoring?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby lellis34 » December 30th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Hey all - I was watching Animal Planet this morning and saw this sport called skijoring and it was basically cross country skiing with dogs pulling the people. I was thinking given our breeds love of, and ability, to weight pull that this might be a great sport for our breed. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this or done this with their dogs.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby luvmypitties » December 30th, 2007, 3:16 pm

I havent done it on skiis but I have on roller blades and with a walking harness.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » December 30th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Next year I plan on starting Teeny with Skijioring. I LOVE cross country skiing and I really think this is something that she would love to do also. But it is all dependent on whether or not the physical therapy works on my back and hip. I haven't been able to get on skis in about 5 years :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby lellis34 » December 30th, 2007, 3:30 pm

I'd need to learn how to ski first, but it looks like loads of fun. One day I'd love to see a team if bullys win the championship! Hmm, wonder if Roo skis. Something new for them to conquer.
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2007, 3:33 pm

I never heard of the sport but if anyone wants to rent Truman, come to Long Island. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Sports