Myths about Protection Training

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby RedChrome » November 15th, 2007, 2:05 pm

[quote]Myths about Protection-Trained Dogs and their Trainers

It has been a long time since I wanted to write something on this never-ending debate, but I am frustrated by the dishonesty of some disreputable dog “trainersâ€
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » November 15th, 2007, 3:43 pm

I HIGHLY respect Ivan Balabanov as a trainer and as a breeder. I agree with pretty much everything he says in that article!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby RedChrome » November 15th, 2007, 4:19 pm

It seems to me as if people either love him or hate him. lol I personally have LEARNED an enormous amount from his videos and articles etc.

I need to move to the East Coast where there are some GREAT trainers. Washington state is lacking IMHO, The only 2 that I know of are the 2 I currently train with and then there is another in Spokane, thank goodness as that's where I'll be training for the majority of the time although I am going to have my current club start him since I know and trust them.
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » November 15th, 2007, 4:23 pm

On November 15 2007, 3:19 PM, RedChrome wrote:It seems to me as if people either love him or hate him. lol I personally have LEARNED an enormous amount from his videos and articles etc.

I need to move to the East Coast where there are some GREAT trainers. Washington state is lacking IMHO, The only 2 that I know of are the 2 I currently train with and then there is another in Spokane, thank goodness as that's where I'll be training for the majority of the time although I am going to have my current club start him since I know and trust them.

There are some FANTASTIC trainers on the West Coast...unfortunately, I see them mostly in CA...but, hey, maybe you should move out here!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » November 15th, 2007, 4:38 pm

great article!

(I edited so it was easier to read)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby RedChrome » November 15th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Yeah, there are NOT too many trainers in WA that I know of, if anyone can recommend some in or near CourD'Alene, ID or Spokane,WA
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Return to Sports