Rally-O

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » November 7th, 2007, 3:47 pm

I didn't take the class, but I probably will eventually. Which one are you going to take? I'll sign up with you.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » November 7th, 2007, 3:53 pm

I'm not sure

They have some classes coming up in December and January

There is a class listed as Novice (AKC competition) which i assume is Rally but maybe they mean something else? :| They also have a class listed for Advanced Rally but I'm sure that is WAY over my head

http://www.dotcorny.com/documents/NovDe ... dience.pdf

I would LOVE to take a class with you so I can drain your brain of knowledge :D

I'm sure you will be light years ahead of us but it would be fun
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » November 7th, 2007, 4:13 pm

the Novice classes are for people who are going to compete in Novice (A or B) obedience. That is not the same as Rally-O. The Rally classes are listed as Rally. You have to start with Beginner for the classes.

there is a Saturday morning motivational class (starts December 1) that is open to club members only right now, but if it opens to the public I'll let you know.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » November 7th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Sounds good

How do you know that motivational class is for members only? It says $80 non member, $40 :|

On November 07 2007, mnp13 wrote:the Novice classes are for people who are going to compete in Novice (A or B) obedience. That is not the same as Rally-O. The Rally classes are listed as Rally. You have to start with Beginner for the classes.

there is a Saturday morning motivational class (starts December 1) that is open to club members only right now, but if it opens to the public I'll let you know.
maberi

Postby mnp13 » November 7th, 2007, 4:30 pm

I know it's "members only" because it's only open to members. It's not one of the normal classes so it will open to the public if members don't fill all of the slots. It's an outside instructor, so is a special case. I don't think any of the other classes are "closed" to non-members.

It's only $30 to join the club and you have to do some work over the course of the year to be active, but if you're going to take more than one class a year the savings is worth it. It's not a bad group of people overall. some people even like Riggs! lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » November 7th, 2007, 4:35 pm

On November 07 2007, mnp13 wrote:I know it's "members only" because it's only open to members. It's not one of the normal classes so it will open to the public if members don't fill all of the slots. It's an outside instructor, so is a special case. I don't think any of the other classes are "closed" to non-members.

It's only $30 to join the club and you have to do some work over the course of the year to be active, but if you're going to take more than one class a year the savings is worth it. It's not a bad group of people overall. some people even like Riggs! lol

I'll have to look into it then. I feel like I have hit a road block with our training. I can't seem to find any classes that sound interesting and we can't start training with the retriever club until January after hunting season is over so I have just been doing training on my own with Earl. I'm a much more visual person so I'm eager to find something we can participate in with others.

Earl and I did agility there and although I enjoyed the trainers it just wasn't all that interesting to me.
maberi

Postby mnp13 » November 7th, 2007, 4:40 pm

well, come tomorrow night if you want. the meeting is at 7:30 but if you come at 7:00 there is food. you can fill out and hand in a membership ap if you like it. I think the fee is $10. then you attend another meeting or two and you're in.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » November 7th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Very cool, I think I will show up tomorrow and check it out

I take it you are a member?

On November 07 2007, mnp13 wrote:well, come tomorrow night if you want. the meeting is at 7:30 but if you come at 7:00 there is food. you can fill out and hand in a membership ap if you like it. I think the fee is $10. then you attend another meeting or two and you're in.
maberi

Previous

Return to Sports