Hello! Introducing myself and my dogs!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Purple » February 19th, 2006, 9:03 pm

Hey there, yep, that other forum is where you saw my avatar of Dexter, my EBT!
Purple
I live here

Postby wolfpuppy » February 19th, 2006, 9:38 pm

gf turtle wrote:Hi! Mac is very handsome!

We've been camping in the UP, it's beautiful. We spent several weeks driving around up there with our old small motor home and I hope to do that again. We even saw a wild wolf up there...

Oh really? Where?? Also where were you driving around??? This is quite interesting.
wolfpuppy

Postby turtle » February 20th, 2006, 1:17 am

wolfpuppy wrote:
gf turtle wrote:Hi! Mac is very handsome!

We've been camping in the UP, it's beautiful. We spent several weeks driving around up there with our old small motor home and I hope to do that again. We even saw a wild wolf up there...

Oh really? Where?? Also where were you driving around??? This is quite interesting.

It was about 7 or 8 years ago so I'll have to look at a map. It was in a wild section, the wolf came out by the road and stood at the edge of the forest. Our motor home is ancient and slow so I got a good look at him. I've seen wolves and coyotes before so I know the difference. And no, he was not a big dog. It was summer so he looked a bit ragged like they do then, but definately a wolf.

We spent the night one time in the middle of the forest on a logging road, we were lost so just stopped and cooked our dinner and went to bed. We saw a fisher and a weasel at dusk before it got dark (and before we got totally lost). I did not have a dog so it was just us.

Oh and what's the name of those yummy meat pies from up there? They were so good. And the smoked whitefish... yummm...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby wolfpuppy » February 20th, 2006, 3:00 pm

7 or 8 years! wow! we didn't have much of a wolf population then. But it is most certainly possible. I know I've seen a few coyotes that made me think twice because they were so big! You were very fotrunate to see one! That is fantastic!

Oh and the meat pattys are pasties! lol They are pretty famous up here!!! I hope you do visit again, I love the UP!
wolfpuppy

Postby chance's mom » February 22nd, 2006, 11:07 pm

welcome, your dogs are gorgeous!!!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Introductions