Hello

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby AchillesThePit » February 7th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Hi, my name is Joelle and I'm from Taiwan. I have a male pit bull named Achilles who's a bit over 1 1/2 yrs old. I also have another male dog named Blackie who's 6 yrs old. His breed is called "Formosa Dog", it's only exist here in Taiwan though I heard there are few breeders in USA that import the breed to USA now.
Here are some pics of Achilles:

Have a good day.
J.
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 7th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Welcome! Achilles is beautiful!! Do you have photos of Blackie too?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Hi Joelle! Welcome to the forum!

Where did you get Achilles? Have you had him since he was a pup?

I'm really interested to know about your other dog, he's not a breed I have ever heard of. Do you have any pictures of him?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby AchillesThePit » February 7th, 2006, 2:04 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew, thank you very much. No, I don't have digital pictures of Blackie. All the pics of him are regular pictures...So I'll have to try to take pics of him later with digi cam.

mnp13, thank you. Yes I've had Achilles since he was a pup. I got him from a breeder..(I know I know...I probably shouldn't have...but there's no way I could adopt a pit bull from shelter as there's no pit bulls in shelters cos pit bulls are not that popular here as they are in USA...) In fact...in the city I live in...Achilles is probably the only pit bull in town...... And for Blackie's pics...please see my answer to ParisStreetPitCrew :P But I could post couple pics of Formosa Dogs that I got online so you guys could have some idea. (Since Blackie is black so I'll just post couple black color Formosa dog's pics. The Formosa Dog's color also comes with yellow, brindle, white "not pure white, more like very light fawn")

AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » February 7th, 2006, 2:12 pm

welcome!! your dogs are beautiful!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Just a note, if you put your image links inside of [img] tags they will show up automatically - I edited your posts for you so that they showed
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » February 7th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Welcome to the party! 8)

I love it when people from other countries join the board!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jesseca » February 7th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Hello. Beautiful dogs. :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » February 7th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Welcome! Great dogs!!! The Formosa kinda looks like a black German Shepherd.
Purple
I live here

Postby AchillesThePit » February 9th, 2006, 2:30 am

Maryellen, thank you. :) And just to clear it up, the 2 pics of the Formosa Dog is not of my dog. :P I don't have pics of my Formosa Dog so I got pics of the breed from internet. :)

mnp13, thank you for "grant" me the access to the board. :D Thank you for edited my posts so the pics show up. I'll remember that next time. :)

Romanwild, thank you. :) I'm glad to join the board. :)

Jesseca, thank you very much. :)

Purple, thank you. :) Yeah, Formosa Dogs are smaller and less hair/less shedding than GSD though. :)
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby Judy » February 12th, 2006, 12:23 am

Hello, and welcome!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby panda » February 12th, 2006, 3:26 am

:greenWave: Welcome, Joelle. Your dog is beautiful.
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby chance's mom » February 12th, 2006, 5:43 pm

welcome! achilles is so handsom! my bf just went to tapei, tawain a few months ago for work. he did not see any pits there, as you mentioned there are probably very few. still, you achilles is a gorgeous dog, and i love that smile! welcome!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby AchillesThePit » February 15th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Judy, thank you. :)

panda, thank you very much. :)

chance's mom, thank you very much. :) Really? That's cool. How long was he here? Have you ever been here before with him? Yeah, there are not that many pit bulls here as in USA....which is kind of good I guess cos then there's no pit bull over-population here and no pit bulls in shelters. The only bad thing is I don't get to see many pit bulls when out. :wink:
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby chance's mom » February 15th, 2006, 10:05 pm

he was there for a week, he is an engineer. he loved it! i would absolutely love to go there one day. its funny becuase he is vietnemese and he said everyone would talk to him like he knew their language! but he loved it and i wish i could see the night market. what do you feed your dog if you dont mind me asking? just sooo cute!!!!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby annieinpa » February 15th, 2006, 11:58 pm

welcome your dogs are gorgeous!!!

blackie does look like a gsd.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby AchillesThePit » February 16th, 2006, 2:40 pm

chance's mom, that's cool. Hahah...cos vietnamese are Asian too and people here probably can't tell and thought he's Taiwanese. :D I have some foreigner friends who can speak only little bit Chinese, and people here would think they can speak real good Chinese cos they heard those foreigners say few Chinese words, and start talking to them in Chinese and talk real fast...lol The night markets here are so good. :D :P If you ever have a chance to come here, you should visit a big night market. :) Right now I'm feeding him Royal Canin, and once in a while I cook him some chicken parts or beef or lamb meat to eat.

annieinpa, thank you. :) The Formosa Dogs are actually smaller than GSD. Formosa Dog males are about 40-50cm tall (don't know what that is in inches), and GSD males are about 55-66cm tall. Formosa Dog males weight about 15kg or so, and GSD males weight about 34~43kg. Formosa Dogs nose part is shorter than GSD. Their hair is way less than GSD. :) I think it's quite different between Formosa Dog and GSD. :)
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 16th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Welcome!! You have beautiful dogs!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Insomnia » February 17th, 2006, 10:51 am

Formosa dogs are truly beautiful dogs!! I want one sooo bad, but I can't handle another dog right now.....don't u thinkt hey look like australian dingo?
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby AchillesThePit » February 18th, 2006, 11:45 am

cheekymunkee, thank you very much. :)

Insomnia, yeah they are beautiful dogs, especially the black ones. Heheh :D
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Introductions