Introduction to forum

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Chris » September 20th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Hi, my name is Chris (as you might have guessed) and I am the owner of a 11-12 year old rescue Pitbull named Stockey. Stockey is CGC/TDI and is the perfect house dog. I can walk off and leave a steak dinner unattended and Stockey won't presume to go near it. Naturally obedient, and very much an old school throwback sort of dog. He weighs about 40 lbs.

When I got Stockey I was told by the shelter staff that he was an Amstaff. As I started studying and reading and researching about the breed I couldn't help but notice he didn't look like an Amstaff. Legs and neck too long, head too small. He looked a lot more like a dog from game lines. As I started reading about behavior (Richard Stratton stories) I became convinced Stockey was from game lines so I started studying gamedogs. It was strange for me because the history is fascinating and the dogs wonderful, but I do not care for the matching of dogs on a personal level for a number of reasons. Feeling too sorry for the dogs is the main reason. Yes, I understand they've been bred to do it and enjoy it. But I doubt the losers enjoy it very much and I am in fact a softy. Hog hunting doesn't bother me for some reason, I guess because it seem more in tune with nature from where I sit. And its something I'd love to do although I doubt that will happen, being as I live in Pennsylvania. Any way, I'm probably one of the older members of the forum, I'm 48. I look forward to enjoying this forum. Thanks.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Chris
Just Whelped

Postby PBT Staff » September 20th, 2006, 7:58 pm

PBT Staff

Postby Marinepits » September 20th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Welcome, Chris! Enjoy the forum! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » September 20th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Hello and Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 20th, 2006, 9:06 pm

ah... now I understand your PM.

The Am Staff replacement is called a joke :wink: I have one myself (well, he's dual registered)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » September 20th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Hello and welcome. :greenWave:
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 20th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby karma » September 21st, 2006, 12:11 am

Welcome i hope you enjoy as much as i do...... you did the research for yourself my buddy thinks :smurf: but your never alone when you own a pittie so now that you have made friends enjoy them :stickDance:
Taj Taylor
Http://www.karmatiknd.com
"Go for the T.E.N." -Taj of Karmatik Training Services
"HEALTHY DOG HAPPY LIFE" - Taj of www.karmatiknd.com

Postby Richter » September 21st, 2006, 7:12 pm

Welcome friend.
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » September 22nd, 2006, 9:40 am

Hey Chris!! Good to see you! :greenWave:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby lluksa » September 22nd, 2006, 4:19 pm

:greenWave: Hey Stockey's dad!
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Introductions