Hello all!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Sariss » January 25th, 2006, 10:04 am

I'm sure some of you know me from PBF, but I'll do a nice little introduction here. 8)

My name's Robyn, a 20 year old Vet Tech student going to school in Ottawa. I was someone who was afraid of Pitbulls about five years ago, until a Pittie named Deek came into my existence through the clinic I worked with. She was a humane society dog and spent almost a year with us. Having her around changed my mind, and in the end I tried my damndest and found her a home, and succeeded

Since then I have been doing research on the breed extensively, and I decided that I wanted one once I was out of school and into the real world. Unfortunately with the ban now into effect, it's a little harder. Although they still sit at the top as my favourite breed, my next dog is going to be a Doberman. I'm hoping to possibly move to Alberta after I get married within the next few years, and work in Pitbull rescue where I can.

So, I don't own any Pitbulls, but I have six other furries; three dogs and three cats. Here's some pictures of the doggies.

Daisy, 5 year old Australian Shepherd

Niku, 6 year old Chihuahua

Honey, 8 year old Chihuahua

Although I don't own any Pitbulls, I try my best to help around and educate the general public. I have changed quite a few minds. Last semester I did a large presentation about the Ontario Ban and what was wrong with it. I got a very good reaction, and the class went from a lot of them supporting it, to none of them supporting it!
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Sariss » January 25th, 2006, 10:06 am

I guess it's only fair to throw a picture of Deek up, too. I still see her from time to time when her owners bring her to the clinic to visit, and she still remembers me and loves me just as much as she used to.

Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 10:08 am

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 10:11 am

Hi!!! Your puppies are beautiful!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 10:14 am

hey robyn welcome!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bustersmama » January 25th, 2006, 10:20 am

Hey there.

You know you know someone a little to well (for only seeing them post on a forum) when you can name all their dogs!!!

Just thought I would share!

Welcome!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 10:41 am

Welcome to the party! 8)

Now go get a pit bull! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » January 25th, 2006, 10:41 am

Welcome!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 11:12 am

:hello:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 25th, 2006, 11:27 am

Hi!

Yeah, another non-pittie owner~! :wink:

Beautiful pups!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 25th, 2006, 3:36 pm

Welcome! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Darlazmum » January 25th, 2006, 6:23 pm

WELCOME! I've never seen that picture od Deek glad to see who warmed your heart! :bowWave:
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby Sariss » January 25th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Darlazmum wrote:WELCOME! I've never seen that picture od Deek glad to see who warmed your heart! :bowWave:

Hehe yeah she was a sweetie. When you work with a dog who lives at the clinic, they seem almost like they're your pet. I saw her every day. I fed her, I played with her, I took her for walks, etc.
It was very hard to say goodbye when she finally was adopted, but I was happy that she found someone, since she didn't like other dogs so she was out of the question for me.
Haha, I remember walking her through the apple orchards, and people from I'm not sure where were picking apples, and I had been warned that they were perverted and would come up to you. Good ol' Deek kept them away, and if they came up close she wouldn't do anything, just raise her hackles so they'd get the idea. :ROFL2: I think she knew they made me nervous.

But I can't thank her enough for changing my mind about Pitbulls. If I ever do get the privledge to own one, I want it to look like her. (Hey, she kinda looks like Darla! In colouring, at least)

I miss her, I haven't seen her in a while since I left for College. :(
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Judy » January 25th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Hello and welcome!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Return to Introductions