Happy to talk Pits in Washington, DC

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby soozan » July 25th, 2006, 11:21 am

Hey, all:

My name is Susan and I live over on the edge of Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Butch, my pittie boy in my avatar, joined my little gang about 3 years ago. Found him running down the streets and thought I could easily find him a home. Well, homing a pit turned into a challenge, so bad boy stayed (I'd already fallen in love with him anyway).

Until recently I fostered for rescue but had to stop 'cause my numbers got way too high. Butch lives with Chessie, a 15-year old irish terrier mix, Milo, a 7-year old Giant Decker rat terrier, Paco, a 13-year old chihuahua, and Sidney, a 1.5-year old bull mastiff/airedale mix. Butch and Sidney get down and play constantly, so thank goodness for Sidney to blow some of Butch's energy.

I spend a lot of time talking to folks about pits, especially other pit owners. I run into them at the dog park and it is my pet peeve when pit owners act like idiots with their dogs 'cause that just hurts us all-- I see some folks bring pits to dog parks off leash and not pay good attention to 'em, etc. I learned early with Butch that he is good with most dogs but he does have his dogs he doesn't like, and it's my job to make sure Butch stays safe and not put him into a situation that gets both of us in trouble. :)

After finding Butch, I'm hooked on these big lummoxes. Butch is the sweetest dog I've ever had. Looking forward to hanging with you all and chatting.

Susan in DC
soozan
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 25th, 2006, 11:24 am

Welcome and enjoy the forum! :greenWave:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby soozan » July 25th, 2006, 11:29 am

Couldn't figure out how to do pics before but at least I can do a link.

Here's most of the gang on the bed. Sidney is the big girl up front. The girl on the left was a foster dog.

soozan
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 25th, 2006, 11:31 am

Welcome! :wave: What a handsome group you've got there!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » July 25th, 2006, 11:44 am

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » July 25th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Hello and welcome :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Introductions