New to Pit Bull Talk

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby grchiverson » July 17th, 2006, 9:12 am

Hello, my name is Sara. I live in North Jersey and have been in the bull dog line for about 10 yrs. I was a former shower, and now help adopt dogs. I have donated money to fight BSL, but I don't help PETA or agree with anything they believe in! I am for animals, not for just certain ones. So, now you know I lil about me. :greenWave:
grchiverson
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 17th, 2006, 9:17 am

Welcome! :wave:

What got you into this breed originally? Do you have any dogs yourself? Is there BSL in your area?

You have to run the gauntlet of questions before the almighty mods grant permission for you to post elsewhere!

(Love ya, Mods!!!) :wink:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » July 17th, 2006, 9:27 am

Hey Sara welcome!! like liz said, you have to tell us your whole history... and if you have a site with pictures of your dogs on it like photobucket or imageevent, post some pics here..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby grchiverson » July 17th, 2006, 10:39 am

Well, I didn't like Pit Bulls... my ex husband loved their look and tricked me into going to look at "puppies", well when we got there it was this old house. Kind of falling apart with these mean, I mean really aggressive dogs chained up along the drive way. I was so PO'd! But here comes running out of this house about 2 litters of puppies. I felt soooo bad, that I had to take one. There was one with a rope around his neck. I asked the guy could I have that one. He said 100.00, I told him all I have is 50.00 (cause I knew, I was going to have trouble with this one) he took the money and I went home. Well, that week we took him to the vet and got him shots and I fell head over heels in love with this dog. Well, then he got really sick and almost died. He had never had shots and had a week immune system and got Parvo. He recovered and we still had a short time together. He was 3 when someone broke into our house and let our dogs out, to run the streets when we were not home. He got hit by a car in front of my house and my best friend witnessed the whole thing. He called me at work and I rushed home. That was the saddest time! I then started getting more and more dogs. lol... it was just starting to get crazy. I had 7 pit bulls and learned very fast that they don't get along well with others at times. I got involved with showing, and that led to more problems with the dogs. People do not tell you the truth about starving your dog. I was feeding my dogs a cup of food a day and they were so skinny. I finally met my current boyfriend who told me to look at the dogs. Do they look happy and healthy. I started questioning everything I knew. Then I started doing it the right way. More food, exercise... I showed my male, GR CH I Iverson for about 3 yrs. He won many trophy's and now is retired. He is only 5 and looks great. But I see what the people in the shows do to their dogs and it just makes me soooooo mad! Not everyone. Just some. We started adopting dogs out when we lived in Florida, some of our own and some people were going to put to sleep. We take care of the dogs and love them all the same. We do not believe in keeping them isolated away from other dogs. We do believe that one dog can get along with atleast one other one. Its just finding the one it doesn't want to fight. I think that more people give these dogs a bad name then people really say. I do not like the fighting aspect, but I know it comes with these dogs. I wouldn't have the dogs I have today if it weren't for the men in the past. I don't not have anything against breeding dogs. If and when we have a litter we keep all the puppies, until they are old enough that we can say, we want this one, or those. We do not sell dogs. We get all of them fixed before they live our yard and you have to sign a contract. We do not accept surrenders, but if we see a dog in need or hear someone is putting a dog to sleep we will do our best to help. So, that is my story. I will put a link to my dogs photos soon.
grchiverson
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » July 17th, 2006, 10:46 am

Maryellen
I live here

Postby Asta » July 19th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Hello and welcome :wave: Cant wait to see pic´s of all of those puppers :)!

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions