Newbie here

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby christeedawson » July 12th, 2006, 2:34 am

Hi, I am a newbie to this group. Kaye from Dead Dod Walking suggested that I post here. I have an American Pitbull that needs a home. Below is the info on her. Email me at christeelea@gorge.net if your interested in her. I do have pics of her if your interested. We are in The Dalles, Oregon. They Uthinize most Pitbulls here, and I dont want that to happen to her. She's a good dog. We are getting ready to make another move (just moved 8 months ago) and she's having a hard time just adjusting here. We are gone 12hrs a day, adn she needs some more lovin.
Thanks
Christee

*NAME: Shara
*American Pitbull
*Tanish-red/white
*Current on shots
*Good in fenced in year with underground shock fence/collar
***ABSOLUTLEY NO CATS!!!!
*Great with all ages kids (I have 4. Ages 1,4,6,9)
*Good with other dogs. Can be dominate at first
*minor food allergies (I am currently (atleast trying to if she will stay out of the puppies food) feeding her Beniful made by Purina. This is the ONLY kind that I have found she does Ok with that is still somewhat inexpensive)
*not spayed
*potty trained
*indoor/outdoor pet
*will dig if you dont have an underground shock fence/collar and will get out.
*has had 2 litters of puppies (14 first time, 10 second time)
*we've had her for almost 2 yrs
*will bark at strangers while on property
*somewhat leash trained
*knows the commands: sit, laydown, off, out, in, treats
*she talks when she wants in, out, water,food or treats :greenWave:
christeedawson

Postby Jenn » July 12th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Hi and welcome.. Poor girl, all those puppies... :( I wish her the best of luck!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 12th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Welcome! :wave:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Romanwild » July 12th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Were glad to help if we can but you need to post your intro.

What got you into the breed and rescue?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby christeedawson » July 18th, 2006, 12:50 am

My husband was actually got me into the Pitbull breed. He like the big intimitating look. I fell for them when I realized how gentle and loving they can be. We actually saved her from Meth addicts here in town about 1 1/2yr ago. She never got to run free. Was tied up or in the house all the time. And was poorly fed. I am having some issues with her now and need to take her to the Vet. Nothing big. Shes had an ear infection, and scratched all the hair off around her ear. Ive tried several different things, none worked. No ear mites. She is now thinning patches of hair all over. She does have some food allergies, and am wondering if its from her getting into the puppy food. Maybe she has a yeast infection all over? I dunno. No fleas either. She does have a underground fence shock collar on. Maybe a long term side effect of that? I am going to try and get her in on Sat. Her first litter is when I didnt have her. Was 14. Her second was with us, and she had 10. 9 lived. Is back up to a healthy weight now,and looks good again. Am I forgetting anything...lol.
christeedawson

Postby Asta » July 19th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions