Sabrina

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 12:29 am

Hi I just registered. Michelle invited me and I cannot post on Pit Bull Talk and that was the whole reason I am here. It keeps telling me I do not have special access to reply or post. HELP!
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 1:19 am

OK! Geez with all the formalities. I hate this part...ok, here goes - blah...blah...blah! Ok, for real this time. My name is Sabrina, I am from California land of the Governator (Don't get me started-Grr!). I have had Pit Bulls for almost 20 yrs. have worked with dogs almost as long. I had a Pit Bull rescue for 8 yrs. I am a member of the United American Pit Bull Terrier club in So Cal. However, I do not live in So Cal anymore. I am in N. Cali now near San Fran. Ok, is that enough yet? :|
I love dogs and of course especially bullies. My last Pit Bull just passed away a year ago he was 14 and it kills me still. Not gonna get a grip on that for a while. This is the first (this last couple weeks on the boards and with some friends) I have openly talked about him in a really long time. I really still cannot talk about him too much with out choking up, it just sucks! This is my first time being dogless in 20 yrs. And I hate it, but I still need time to deal with Pete. I will compare any dog I get right now and it would not be fair. Anyway, enough of that, before I start to blubber like an a$$.
I love art and I draw, I of course love to draw dogs and in paticular our bulldogs! I did the art work (letter head and logo) for our Pit Bull club, I also have done some posters for a dog show raffle. Ummm...what else? Ok, brain is tired and drawing a blank..am I in or what? :clap:
It's like joining a gang around here. What will I have to do if I want out?? :slap: Ok, now that I have just recovered from being thoroughly confused trying to register and then post and now this torture, I am ready for night, night :bedtime: :zzzz: Man.. these icons are fun! Oh and I want to change my name too! I had no idea what I was doing so call me hmm... Tha Pete! - I'll explain later.
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Asta » June 21st, 2006, 7:52 am

Well, this is a different spot for the intros, but i am easy :)

Ssoooo, hello and welcome Sabrina :waves:
Sounds like you have great experience to share! Really sorry about your Pete though, guess some of our dogs are just extra special and near and dear to us :)
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 21st, 2006, 7:59 am

Welcome to the group Sabrina! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » June 21st, 2006, 10:34 am

YAY! You joined! :clap:

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » June 21st, 2006, 10:37 am

Sabrina wrote:Oh and I want to change my name too! I had no idea what I was doing so call me hmm... Tha Pete! - I'll explain later.

Tha Pete! it is....

um... did you want the ! in the name? :?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » June 21st, 2006, 10:40 am

I moved your post & didn't even say hello so................hello!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 21st, 2006, 11:11 am

Hi! Welcome!

I think I recognize you. :wink:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 12:22 pm

Good morning! Thanks for the warm welcome. Man, it is like an IO test and patience test just to join this gang...er I mean mail list. Oh and sorry about the location error, not the first time in my looong life I have been in the wrong place.

Thanks Michelle for the invite, this is nice to be a part of a mail list w/ bully people again. :clap: Last couple I was on was like 5 yrs. ago? I cannot remember the names right now. One was a molosser mail list and the other a Pit Bull group, but I think the Pit Bull list was linked to a rescue. Mind is gone, I am lucky to remember to breath in sometimes.

I have to find a way to get some pics scanned in, I have a ton of my dog and many others, rescues and friends, etc., over the years. I have some pics of my friends Tosas in my PC, one which I co-owned the other I trained and showed for her. Sadly, none of my Pete. I will get some in somehow. I want Pete for that little pic in the posts. I need a scanner. :oops:

I saw some of those movies last night (couldn't sleep), whoever did those.. they are great. I loved them!
Oh and hey...you over there, I recognize you, ParisStreetPitCrew! :wave: Good to see you and your Pit pack here.
Ok, I have to get my day started...ok, first I am actually going to look around then check email and then go work. :wink:

Bye fur now! :rock: <--- no reason I picked this icon, just thought it was cute. lol
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 21st, 2006, 12:31 pm

Mind is gone, I am lucky to remember to breath in sometimes.

I have a feeling you are going to fit in wonderfully here!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » June 21st, 2006, 12:35 pm

Tha Pete! wrote:Good morning! Thanks for the warm welcome. Man, it is like an IO test and patience test just to join this gang...er I mean mail list. Oh and sorry about the location error, not the first time in my looong life I have been in the wrong place.

What can I say? It helps keep the trolls away!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » June 21st, 2006, 12:37 pm

Tha Pete! wrote:OK! Geez with all the formalities. I hate this part...ok, here goes - blah...blah...blah! Ok, for real this time. My name is Sabrina, I am from California land of the Governator (Don't get me started-Grr!). I have had Pit Bulls for almost 20 yrs. have worked with dogs almost as long. I had a Pit Bull rescue for 8 yrs. I am a member of the United American Pit Bull Terrier club in So Cal. However, I do not live in So Cal anymore. I am in N. Cali now near San Fran. Ok, is that enough yet? :|
I love dogs and of course especially bullies. My last Pit Bull just passed away a year ago he was 14 and it kills me still. Not gonna get a grip on that for a while. This is the first (this last couple weeks on the boards and with some friends) I have openly talked about him in a really long time. I really still cannot talk about him too much with out choking up, it just sucks! This is my first time being dogless in 20 yrs. And I hate it, but I still need time to deal with Pete. I will compare any dog I get right now and it would not be fair. Anyway, enough of that, before I start to blubber like an a$$.
I love art and I draw, I of course love to draw dogs and in paticular our bulldogs! I did the art work (letter head and logo) for our Pit Bull club, I also have done some posters for a dog show raffle. Ummm...what else? Ok, brain is tired and drawing a blank..am I in or what? :clap:
It's like joining a gang around here. What will I have to do if I want out?? :slap: Ok, now that I have just recovered from being thoroughly confused trying to register and then post and now this torture, I am ready for night, night :bedtime: :zzzz: Man.. these icons are fun! Oh and I want to change my name too! I had no idea what I was doing so call me hmm... Tha Pete! - I'll explain later.

If this is the Sabrina I think it is, dammit lady you just made me cry. If not skip that........... However IF it is.......... I know a little dog that would fill that huge hole you got going one. His sister sure has brought a lot of joy here, that's for sure..........
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Oh yeah and real quick, about the name choice. I grew up a huge fan of the "Our Gang" comedies. My mom and I watched like every episode, I also have a tape I got with just all Pete movies. Even a really old one with several Pit Bulls, you guys would love it.
Anyway, one of my favorite movies was the one where Weezer is living with his mean (I think) step mother. He has a spoiled step brother who has a GSD, well Weezer has Pete. But, mean ol' lady hates Pete and will not let him in the house. Anyway, there is two scenes that make me love it so. One is the scene when in the morning (Weezer snuck Pete in), Pete and Weezer wake up and they start wrestling on the bed and Weezer grabs a pillow and starts hitting Pete with it, you can see these two are having a truly great time! Of course the mean hag has to walk in and the fun ends. Later another part is when Pete is accused of killing a chicken, he was set up by the step brother who's GSD really did it. Anyway, they are after Petey and Weezer is asking for help from the gang and he says (in the cutest way) "Their gonna kill tha Pete for sure!" Well it stuck and I used to joke with my family and my dog lol saying that or we would just call him "Tha Pete", you have to say THA not THE. lol
Anyway, that is why I wanted the name, very sentimental I know :boohoo:
Yes it's hard and we do sometimes bond more with one then the others. I had him for over 14 yrs. and he was that once in a lifetime dog. He was honestly like a son and my mom (who also has since passed away), used to call him her grandson. :)
Oh and yeah, Michelle keep the exclamation mark.. for effect :wink:
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 12:50 pm

If this is the Sabrina I think it is, dammit lady you just made me cry.

~~~~~~~~~~
OMG!! :clap: Is this Karen and Cuddles??? Pete's Cuddles??? Now I'm gonna cry!! :bigCry: Karen don't let Cuddles see the screen, make her look away. You are going to have to tell her about Petey. :cry:
How are you? What have you been up to? Wow, long a$$ time, Lady!
Like, what 5/6 yrs. ? How is Cuddles? How are her hips?
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby Karen » June 21st, 2006, 12:59 pm

Tha Pete! wrote:
If this is the Sabrina I think it is, dammit lady you just made me cry.

~~~~~~~~~~
OMG!! :clap: Is this Karen and Cuddles??? Pete's Cuddles??? Now I'm gonna cry!! :bigCry: Karen don't let Cuddles see the screen, make her look away. You are going to have to tell her about Petey. :cry:
How are you? What have you been up to? Wow, long a$$ time, Lady!
Like, what 5/6 yrs. ? How is Cuddles? How are her hips?

Geez Louise! I've been calling you on your cell phone off and on! Why don't you ever answer???? I bet you're bawling like me huh?

Cuddles is doing OK for now she was diagnosed with Addioson's Disease in 2005 and with her monthly shots she's doing great. Her hips are ok for now, we moved close to as lake so she swims almost every day.

For people that think we're wierd we used to be awesome friends back before Sabrina's life got messed up and she had to take a breather. I'm more than thrilled she's back.

You better answer that phone kiddo! 603 area code is us!
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Tha Pete! » June 21st, 2006, 1:16 pm

For people that think we're wierd we used to be awesome friends back before Sabrina's life got messed up and she had to take a breather. I'm more than thrilled she's back.

You better answer that phone kiddo! 603 area code is us!

I am sorry to hear about Cuddles that poor dog has had a rough road.
Yes, for people who think they have just witnessed two crazy people reuniting...you have. :crazy: Karen and I were very good friends before I had alot of pooper scooper waste hit the fan. Petey and Cuddles were having an online affair, :kissBlush: Cuddles was Pete's "other" girlfriend. Chyna would have killed him :chop: had she known. Cuddles and Petey were both Colby dogs, so it was like kissing cousins. :dogRun:

What phone number are you calling? Email me Dragonfly_n_mysoup@yahoo.com
My cell phone sux! Many times I get no service, so leave a message once in a while will ya? So glad to see you again. Brings back alot of memories! Hey, you have any pics of Pete saved???? I don't have a scanner anymore. And this is a new PC. I left it all when I left my husband.
Tha Pete!
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 21st, 2006, 1:22 pm

How cool is that to meet again here!! :clap: Just one more service we provide! the reuniting of lost souls!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » June 21st, 2006, 3:10 pm

Hello and Welcome!

I, too, lost a Pete. He was my heart and soul. Never have I ever been so connected to a dog, like I was to Pete. He literally could read my mind.
Here is my tribute to my buddy.
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=a ... 22f.509495
Purple
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 21st, 2006, 3:19 pm

HI! Where do you live near SF? I grew up in Novato. :)

Welcome! :wave:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Karen » June 21st, 2006, 4:08 pm

All I have to say is Thank God for free long distance! lol
is 4 hours a long time on the phone? :|
I'll be looking for Pete pics today, don't know if I have them but I think I do
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Introductions