Pit lover in Toronto

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 6:35 pm

Hey all.

My name is jennifer and I proudly share my home with two furry kids. My eldest just turned two. His name is Herbie (yes as in the Luv Bug) and we rescued him from the OSPCA when he was 6 months old. Born at the shelter from a Pit, he was adopted out at 9 wks only to be returned at 5 months due to the new legislature in Ontario Canada. The owners were getting badgered by the entire neighborhood and couldn't deal. I volunteer at the shelter and fell in love immediately. He's a total suck and enjoys nothing more than just having contact in any way sahape or form. (we dont know what his father was...but its posibbly Lab as he's a tall boy)
My younger baby is Steeler. She just turned 1 mid april. Her story is sadder...but with a very happy ending. At three weeks of age (yet again due to this ludicrous stigma on the animals since the ban was introduced) Steeler and her 6 littermates were abandoned in a black garbage bag in a dumpster. I won't vent on my thoughts on this right now... :x She was found by a nice lady walking by that heard the cries from the hungry babies. They were all brought in to the shelter and fostered out. One of the technicians at the shelter fostered three of them..one which she kept...one which her sister took and Steeler, whonow happily resides with her Big furry brother Herbie. I took here in at 9 wks. She is such a sweetie pie. She is considerably smaller than the Herbman, and hasn't yet thickened out. We think she's Amstaff. I'll post pics and see what you all think.

I'm from Toronto and am currently having to deal with all sorts of propoganda being spread through the media, totally frightening everyone who has never met one of these impish monkeys. The personalities on these guys are too much. I've been a volunteer for years, never necessarily WANTED to take on a Pitty...but when the time came to look for a companion animal, i took the time to get to know all of the animals in the shelter and found the one that fit me personality wise. Then again, fell in love with Steeler when she ambled over to me right over top of her sisters!!LOL.

I work for a Chevy dealer in the parts dept. i'm a football fanatic, well who am I kidding..I live and breathe Steeler football (along with my doggies and their fun stuff) and Leaf hockey. I love photography and anything to do with animals. I'm a member at the Toronto zoo and visit frequently. I can't wait to get to know you all and your babies.

Here are the babies. The black handsome one is herbie and the brown and white sweetie is Steeler.

My fave pic of herbie is him in his chair...i had to shrink it for another site...but here it is.

and here is Steeler the day we brought her home.

blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » May 31st, 2006, 6:40 pm

Gorgeous photos! Welcome and enjoy the forum! :wave:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 31st, 2006, 6:42 pm

Oh what fabulous pups! Love the one of Herbie in his chair! Welcome to the group - you'll love it here!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Vanessa » May 31st, 2006, 6:48 pm

Beautiful dogs. Herbie looks alot like my dog Ozzy. :)
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 7:39 pm

Hey guys! thanks for the kind words. I am now going to thoroughly study the training forum! LOL. as much as I love my little babies..they get away with murder. THey are great for the most part but need to know when enough is enough. Good thing they love each other. Herbs is the lvoer, Steeler is the fighter. He licks the cat at the vet...I'm sure when its her turn next, she will have to be muzzled to go in. Loves people...but not animals. We socialized her..she was fostered with 7 other dogs. Our friends brought their 130lb Rotti over from Buffalo last weekend...no go. Steeler tried to take her face off. Good thing Maddy is a lover too. Man...she's never been like that before...but shes also never had a strange animal on HER property either.

Have any of you had problems with laws and such, or is ONtario the only place currently with a hardline ban? OH..and what is BSL and NILF??? SOmeone toss the rookie a bone here?? :D
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Vanessa » May 31st, 2006, 7:45 pm

BSL stands for Breed Specific Legeslation and NILIF stands for Nothing In Life Is Free... :)
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 7:58 pm

ok...well BSL is like genocide up here...and has instilled fear and hate where it never existed before.. most people don't even know thats what my pups are and spout off while petting them. Its always fun to see them take a HUGE step back after a few minutes of thorough face washing, when I tell them that the "horrid vicious beasts that are banned" are kissing them. :clap: Its too bad people are so close minded and don't see that for the most part..bad owners = problem dogs. As any dog lvoer knows there are bad apples in every breed...but I think we get singled out way too much. Ok..I'm done. LOL :P
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Vanessa » May 31st, 2006, 8:01 pm

Yeah i totally agree with you. I live on PEI and the BSL crap is popular here too. They tryed to get a breed ban passed but luckily it wasn't... It's funny how uneducated people are about the whole thing. I guess they think if it's not their breed then it doesn't affect them but it does...... :x
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » May 31st, 2006, 8:14 pm

Hi blkngldbabe and welcome to PBT! :gruven:

Romanwild
I live here

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 8:16 pm

Hey Romanwild...thanks for making it official! :clap: This place is great! I can't believe it took me so long to find it. Patch O Pits pm'd me on another site and linked it for me.
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 8:17 pm

P.S Why does it say I have 0 posts?
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » May 31st, 2006, 8:17 pm

Hello and welcome! :) Nice intro, both are beautiful too!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » May 31st, 2006, 8:27 pm

Hello and welcome. :trollDance:

Posts in your intro and a few other forums don't count towards your post count.

PS...in the future, would you kindly crop any and all human feet out of your pictures...you see, I have a bit of a problem.....
Purple
I live here

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 8:35 pm

LOL @ Purple... Ididn't even notice or I would have! I love seeing everyone's bully's and other furry babies in their avs. Its awesome.

P.S Thanks Jenn.
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 31st, 2006, 8:38 pm

....she's laughing at me.....the new girl is laughing at me..... :cheeky3:
Purple
I live here

Postby blkngldbabe » May 31st, 2006, 9:11 pm

No Purple..its WITH you...Laffing WITH you. 8)
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 31st, 2006, 9:24 pm

:itsOK: Ok, ok.....but I'll be watching you..... :D
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » May 31st, 2006, 9:28 pm

:python: <------- Look, Purple! It's a FOOT.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » May 31st, 2006, 9:38 pm

...and you people wonder why I have issues..... :mask:
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 31st, 2006, 9:40 pm

Oh no, Purple, we KNOW...

Yay, my new emoticon is here! :to:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Next

Return to Introductions