Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby homebrwd » July 1st, 2011, 7:57 am

My name is Roy and I have had my rescued AmStaff, Fergus, for 10 months now. He is an awesome dog and has made a big impact on my life. Anyone who meets him loves him. He has shown people that its not the breed its the owners as he walks up to them tail (and butt) wagging all ready to give kisses.

8 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby homebrwd » July 1st, 2011, 9:11 am

To add a little bit more, we are in Ashburn, VA. Fergus is my first dog, I had some as a kid including a white German shepherd and a blue heeler. I have always loved dogs and after speaking with a co worker and helping her in rehabilitating a pit she rescued from Katrina, he was aggressive towards males, I decided I wanted the companionship of such a loyal and intelligent, albeit stubborn, breed. I rescued Fergus out of Kansas City, MO the day after my birthday in August of last year through an organization called MABBR. This was met with some negativity from my father and step father but Fergus has shown them both how awesome the breed really is. I found this site through a link in the pet section of an automotive forum I frequent and I am glad I did!
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » July 1st, 2011, 9:57 am

Welcome to the forum, Roy. :wave2:

I love the name Fergus. :giggle:

I looked through your other flicker photos with the link you have provided. :) You take nice photos. We have many photography enthusiasts here. I am not one of them. :wink:

How did you find PBT?

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2011, 10:08 am

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby homebrwd » July 1st, 2011, 10:19 am

iluvk9 wrote:Welcome to the forum, Roy. :wave2:

I love the name Fergus. :giggle:

I looked through your other flicker photos with the link you have provided. :) You take nice photos. We have many photography enthusiasts here. I am not one of them. :wink:

How did you find PBT?

Joyce

Thanks Joyce, I do love taking pictures and Fergus makes for a good subject.

He has gone through a few name changes, he was Yoda at the shelter, then the foster mom named him Rudy. I liked Rudy but my dad's dog is named Rudy so I did some research on the genealogical background of the Staffordshire and found them to be from the Scott/Irish/English region and so I picked a name from that region, Fergus meaning powerful/strong.

I found the site through pet section on another forum, the user here who posted it is, RastaPitLover I believe.
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » July 1st, 2011, 10:38 am

Hello Roy and Fergus! What a cute pup! Welcome to PBT! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » July 1st, 2011, 11:00 am

Welcome Roy and Fergus. :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2011, 3:06 pm

Hello and welcome! :dance:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » July 2nd, 2011, 9:00 pm

Hello and welcome :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 4th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Welcome to PBT!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Return to Introductions