Howdy from the Big Apple y'all

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby jenny-n-sophie » April 25th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Dear fellow pittie fans,

Hello from NYC! I am a native Texan and "mommy" to an eight year-old pit bull terrier named Sophie. We have been best buddies since her adoption on Valentine's Day 2004. Sometimes I look back at those first years together and laugh, because I didn't know the first thing about pit bulls when I adopted Sophie - I had no idea that I adopted such a "controversial" dog! I am grateful to Sophie for helping break down the stereotypes that so many of us face with our dogs. She is unfailingly affectionate, funny, and energectic. She has converted many fearful people into pittie lovers and continues to spread the gospel wherever she goes!

I learned of this forum through my friends Kristie and Johnny Sullens, who run an organization called Save An Angel. SAA is one of the many organizations who haved helped Sophie and me ever since she was diagnosed with lymphoma in October 2010. We received a large grant from Frankie's Friends, a charity that works directly with the vet hospital, which enabled us to begin chemotherapy. I have been working tirelessly since October to raise the rest of the money needed for chemo, and on April 20 Sophie "graduated!" It was a bittersweet day as I felt elated to be able to resume our normal lives, but also sad to look back over the most difficult months of my life since her diagnosis.

For those of you who may not be familiar with SAA, they are prominent advocates for canine bone marrow transplant. I decided after much soul searching that the BMT was not a good option for Sophie and me, but I did decide that half-body radiation would be a compromise I could live with.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

xoxo

Jenny & Sophie
xoxox
Jenny & Sophie
jenny-n-sophie
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » April 25th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » April 25th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » April 26th, 2011, 11:07 am

Welcome. Love the flower headband on Sophie!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 26th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Welcome to PBT!! :D
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 26th, 2011, 3:57 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Introductions