Hello!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Megan » December 23rd, 2010, 1:05 pm

Hello,

My name is Megan. I was directed here by Patch O Pits, she was telling me this forum had a great cancer section so I figured I would join and do some reading.

A little about myself:

I currently own a neutered male APBT(mix?) that I adopted from the local animal shelter a few years ago, his name is Gavin. Some of you may have seen me on other pit bull websites where I've been for about 6 or so years now. I tend to be more of a lurker and read the forums.

My fiance and I are trying to restore his family farm (lots of work ahead of us there!). We currently have quite a few free range chickens running around, Peafowl, ducks, horses and goats. Hopefully we'll be getting some cattle in the next 2 years as we revamp the farm. I am also a hobby breeder of chinchillas, and compete in shows with them.

Gavin has stage 1 borderline stage 2 Mast Cell Cancer, which is why I am here. He had surgery done a few months ago to remove two of his tumors. One we did get clean edges on, and the results were stage 1 borderline 2. The other mass was under his tail at a spot that was too hard to remove the tumor so my vet injected the site with steriods. It was the first time she personally did the procedure but after consultations she was told it tends to be very successful.. So far the tumor has went away, and has not come back. We are crossing our fingers!

I am looking forward to getting to know those who I haven't met before, and to read up a bit more on canine cancer.
Megan
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » December 23rd, 2010, 1:11 pm

FIRST, WELCOME! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

SECONDLY, I'm so Sorry to hear about Gavin..... :( You have been directed to a great forum....folks on here are very supportive and very knowledgeable in many areas...

It may take just a little time to get approved by a moderator, so until then, we'd love to see some pictures!!

Again, Welcome.... :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 24th, 2010, 7:15 am

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » December 24th, 2010, 7:28 am

Welcome, Megan. :wave2: And don't lurk here, HAVE FUN WITH US!

Sorry about Gavin's original diagnosis, but it sounds like he is doing great, now. :dance:

As for the farm, please take photos! So many animals sound like fun, to me!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » December 26th, 2010, 10:07 am

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MEGAN..............are you still out there???? :| :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Megan » December 26th, 2010, 11:15 am

I am! Had to resize my pictures (again) to fit the forum.

Here's Gavin just after his surgery, cone and all.

Playing in my moms yard:

Most likely my favorite picture. Jason and I took his parents husky for a walk with Gavin. The husky loves to swim in the creek by the farm. Gavin saw her plunge in, and went in after her. He thought the water was going to eat him alive... who wouldn't stop to get a picture before helping him out? lol

And because everyone seems to love the birds here's one of Erohs.

Megan
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » December 26th, 2010, 11:54 am

:giggle: Gavin certainly looks exasperated. And clinging on for life. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 27th, 2010, 9:41 am

Gavin is super cute! Welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions