Hi! I'm new.

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby cahurley50 » March 9th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Hi, my name is Cheryl Hurley. I manage a number of properties, mainly in the city of Rochester. We started rescuing a number of animals, since 1983. Currently, we have Bishop, a 10 1/2 year old loving Rottweiller; Missy, a 7 1/2 year old energetic bull terrior mix; Maxine a 3 1/2 year old brindle pit bull; Elmo, a 4 year old pit bull mix; and Lucky, an 8 month old Beagle/Hound/Labrador mix we just rescued. In 2010, we have also rescued 2 pit bulls, a minature dog (I am not sure what breed), a cat and a bunny. So far we have found good homes for them, but we keep finding more. We also have a batch of cats outside our business that we feed. We hope to put them through the trap & neuter/spay program and release program---thus preventing more kittens this spring.
Frequently I have tenants that no longer want their animals or they are not taking care of them properly---the animal's ribs are showing and/or they are ill. Unfortunately, six large dogs is a lot for us---the pack mentality comes in to play and the dogs fight to be Alpha Dog. Maxine went from a quiet pit bull to now being in charge of the other dogs. We are looking for good homes for the new animals we find---especially the pit bulls because the City Animal control puts them to sleep if the owner does not claim them.
I learned about Michelle and the forum through Brian. Brian used to work for me and he now helps to rescue thoroughbreds.
cahurley50
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 9th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Hi Cheryl! Welcome! I'm actually in the same line of work. I am lucky that I have not found any abandoned pets, but I hear about it a lot. Sounds like you have your hands full, but thanks for trying to help instead of just dropping them off, especially at RAS!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 9th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Thanks for joining! Hopefully some of the Rochester people will be able to help you out!

Brian and I used to work together a million years ago at the-place-that-must-not-be-named. lol

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » March 9th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Welcome! In addition to having a lot of rescue contacts, I also run a local pit bull rescue called Pitty Love Rescue and would be happy to help coordinate with you.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » March 9th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, Cheryl. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 9th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Suzi » March 10th, 2010, 12:12 am

:wave2: Hi! and,,,,Welcome Aboard!
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 10th, 2010, 12:30 am

mnp13 wrote:Thanks for joining! Hopefully some of the Rochester people will be able to help you out!

Brian and I used to work together a million years ago at the-place-that-must-not-be-named. lol

oh...

and now that I know that he still has my number, tell him to call me! lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby kera09 » March 10th, 2010, 12:46 am

welcome to pbt :wave2: any single houses for rent that except 985615 pit bullls? lol i foster for pitty love :)
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » March 10th, 2010, 1:17 am

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » March 10th, 2010, 6:54 am

kera09 wrote: any single houses for rent that except 985615 pit bullls? lol i foster for pitty love :)

8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » March 10th, 2010, 7:41 am

:wave2: :wave2: Great to Have you!!! :wave2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Jodi » March 10th, 2010, 9:07 am

Hi and welcome! I am also from Rochester!

Thank you for helping these animals-my husband is a contractor and does a lot of rehab work in the city-he constantly finds abandoned, stray and mistreated dogs (tons of pits) among the properties where he works, and we would like to save them all :( it's nice to know that there are other kind souls out there in the city looking out for these pups :wave2:
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby TinaMartin » March 10th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Welcome from another Rochestarian. :)
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Introductions