Hello All!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 17th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Welcome to the board. :)

The dog is probably reacting to the changes in her life, rather than bad care. That is pretty common. Your daughter probably is also having a hard time-divorce is tough on everyone, especially those who did not have anything to do with the situation.

I agree with establishing 50/50 time with both the dog and your daughter. Many studies have shown that amicable, equitable parenting schedules work out best for the children, and I am sure dogs are no different.

I would also suggest working with your ex on keeping commands and rules consistant, it would help Marshmallow adjust to changing homes.

Again, welcome to the board.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby a-bull » May 17th, 2006, 1:01 pm

:wave:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Asta » May 17th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Hello and welcome :Wave: Cute family all of them :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby LindsaySF » May 17th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Welcome fellow ban-ee!! :)

I hope things will work out for you and Marshmallow. That is a tough situation for all... :(

As for the bunny, how old is it? Has it been spayed/neutered? If not, then you should be able to see testicles down there if it is a male. You might have to move the fur though to get a good look. :D

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 17th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Welcome to the group Jenn! Love the pics of your kids!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 17th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Hi Lindsay!!!!

Ban-ee, I LOVE IT!

I'm still trying to figure out the ropes of this new website and it might help without-all-the-help--from--someone-who--shall-remain---nameless---- I bet you can't guess who I'm talking about!

I'll have to check the bunny genitalia again, I tried, but it didn't look like anything. Besides that, its really young so I'm not sure how big the testicles should be.

Chris brought Marshie over yesterday and she just looked so sad she was moping around. He keeps telling me to take her because she's being such a PITA. I guess I didn't think she really even cared about me because I always assumed she was "DADDY'S girl" as soon as the weather shapens up, I'll start taking her to the river for walks again. (Plus she lost little Jazzy at the same time, too so she's probably sad about that) I am planning on taking her and letting her live with me when I find an apartment that allows animals.

I appreciate all the warm welcomes, it is much appreciated.
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LindsaySF » May 17th, 2006, 3:57 pm

KaylasMomJenn wrote:Hi Lindsay!!!!

Ban-ee, I LOVE IT!

Hehe

Well unfortunately I can't take the credit for it. I stole it from SisMorphine. :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Sue » May 17th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Welcome :)
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SisMorphine » May 17th, 2006, 6:52 pm

LindsaySF wrote:
KaylasMomJenn wrote:Hi Lindsay!!!!

Ban-ee, I LOVE IT!

Hehe

Well unfortunately I can't take the credit for it. I stole it from SisMorphine. :)

~Lindsay~

THIEF!!!
:D

Welcome to the board!! I know that Wally doesn't do well with change so I'm sure Marshie is going through the same thing. Give her some time to readjust . . . and perhaps discuss things with your ex because if he's stressed having her around it's definitely stressing her out even more!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LindsaySF » May 17th, 2006, 6:56 pm

SisMorphine wrote:THIEF!!!
:D

That's me! :) I gave credit though, so it's not really stealing.... :wink:

Marsh can probably pick up on your ex's emotions, if he is that concerned. I'm sure visits with you help though.

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » May 17th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Hello! Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby grizzly » May 17th, 2006, 11:16 pm

welcome
let me tell you from experence things will get better
when i split with my son's mother it was hard -4 st bernards & a two yr old
the first thing i did was found a new home for the st i kept for her-she wasn't going to care for it -then had to find foster homes for my two older saints & kept griz with me and robby jr
going from a kennel full of dog-at best i had 6 saint 2 pit(fosteringfor a friend)and 14 puppies-to just one dog, but i was able to really focus on him and my son
break-ups suck!!!!she got the house-I got my son-the way i see it i won-my son is the best!
all i know is things get better
tommorow i'm going to look at a female pup to purchase
what was once good shall be good again
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Introductions