New here

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here too. I followed Melanie over from pbsmiles. We had a bit of controversy over there (I kinda started it, but I was justified!), and suffice to say we're not welcome there anymore.

And for the record, I don't tolerate being lied to, being told who I can and can not email, and being disrespected. And I won't sit back while Moderators play favorites and threaten me to put a cork in it about their fearless leader. I didn't think this was too much to ask, but apparently on pbsmiles it was... :rolleyes2:

Hopefully I will fit in here!! Respect is almost a foreign concept to me at this point, so it will be a nice change. :)

So what is it about this Kool Aid? I'm out of the loop on that one....

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Hello & welcome! How long have you owned ptties? What got you interested in the breed? Where are you from? Sorry to be so nosy but we ask everyone for an intro before we let them post inthe main forums.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 8:19 pm

As far as that other stuff you mentioned? You won't run into that here, it is not tolerated by members OR admin. We are all about the dogs here & we don't tolerate name calling or personal attacks.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jaime » May 16th, 2006, 8:24 pm

hello lindsay
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Hi Lindsay! :hello:

You will find that the members on this forum may disagree from time to time, but they do it a respectful manner. Heated topics can be discussed here without resorting to personal attacks and the admin moving or deleting portions of the conversations.

I think you'll like it here. Besides you live in the same town as I do.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Oh, about me...

My name is Lindsay. I live in Prospect CT. I am 22 years old (23 on June 1st). And if you judge me based on my age I'll kick your butt. :D

Seriously though, I like to think I am wise beyond my years, and I was talked down to, and given "advice" and "guidance" by a moderator on pbsmiles that has a son my age. I'm all for advice, I welcome it in fact. But make sure it's justified first... :rolleyes2:

I have 3 dogs: Aidan (pit bull mix), Brutus (foster - pit bull mix), and Cody (we have no clue what he is, but there was pit mix at SPBR recently that was his twin).

I also have a number of other pets (3 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 ferrets, 1 rat, 1 bird, 2 lizards, and many fish).

I used to work for a vet in Waterbury CT and my pit bull love originates from a pit bull girl there (Waterbury dog warden) that I was unable to save. :(

I have a B.S. in Biology with minors in Psychology, Chemistry, and Microbiology. I am currently working on my M.S. in Microbiology with a concentration in Parasitology. My thesis is on the intestinal parasites of dogs and cats, basically worms. I won't be offended if you call me "worm girl", just don't call me "poop girl"!! :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 16th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Welcome, Lindsay.
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Hmmm..... Jaime and FavoriteKitty look familiar.

If you are who I think you are, hopefully we can get along here. I don't like to fight with anyone.

If you aren't who I think you are, then ignore this. :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Don't worry about being talked down to because of age. We have some pretty young posters here & they are shown the same respect as anyone else is.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Hoyden, you live in Prospect? I never thought I'd see the day!! LOL What are the odds?

Hmmm.... I wonder if I know you....

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » May 16th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Welcome. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jaime » May 16th, 2006, 8:33 pm

i am in fact who you think i am :)

capone is my avatar-- the rockstar
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 8:33 pm

LindsaySF wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Hoyden, you live in Prospect? I never thought I'd see the day!! LOL What are the odds?

Hmmm.... I wonder if I know you....

~Lindsay~

You may have seen me working my dogs at Hotchkiss field or me and Birdie around town. You can't miss us, she's seal and white and has a red service vest and I wobble like a drunk.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 16th, 2006, 8:40 pm

I *am* the only favorite kitty. Ask, munkee. I am her favorite. :bananaDance:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:I *am* the only favorite kitty. Ask, munkee. I am her favorite. :bananaDance:

Yes she is.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:46 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
Favorite Kitty wrote:I *am* the only favorite kitty. Ask, munkee. I am her favorite. :bananaDance:

Yes she is.

I think I may leave now then.... :(
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 16th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Welcome to PBT :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » May 16th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Don't leave, stay! Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:51 pm

I won't go through Tamara and her favorite moderator bullying me again. I WON'T.
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 16th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Welcome Lindsey, please stay and enjoy the forum. we are a nice bunch of adults here, we enjoy discussions and do not permit bullying.. please dont feel the need to leave because of certain people.. this forum is for anyone who can follow the rules...
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Introductions